harpcolumn

Harp teachers & rentals near Wayne, PA?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp teachers & rentals near Wayne, PA?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I’ve been looking very hard to find a harp teacher and a place to rent
    harps in or near Wayne Pennsylvania, and had very little luck. Can
    anyone give a name or refer me to a website of a harp teacher/ rental
    place near here?

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a website sauldavis.com, and am nearby in Center City, just minutes from 30th Street or Suburban Stations, and ample parking. A great teacher is worth a bit of travel. To rent a harp, I can only suggest Virginia Harp Center in Haddonfield, NJ. That is the closest harp store. Nothing is convenient about the harp, ever, which is what makes it so worthwhile, actually.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I believe Martha Clancy is in Wayne.

unknown-user
    Participant

Planet Harp, in Macungie, Pa. (just outside of Allentown) rents pedal and lever harps.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a Troubador harp which I could rent to a student.

meredith-kohn-bocek
    Participant

Hello,

The Harp Studio in Owego, New York rents harps and has a rent to buy program.

Rachel, try Delaware Valley Music in Philadelphia, because they handle some harp music; therefore some students or teachers who play harp must be customers. Wayne is not far from Philadelphia. 1718 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-5120, United States.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you, Pat, that would be me. They are my neighborhood store, and I am the primary customer, and the teacher in the area. I have several students from the Main Line, who mostly come in by train, as I am near the station, so they don’t have to pay for parking.

unknown-user
    Participant

And yes, they are stocking your music, Pat. It’s a very small selection, about 12 books so far as they are very conservative in ordering, and many people go to Virginia Harp Center for music in New Jersey. But they are also stocking my pieces, and do ordering via e-mail, or long-distance phone, and are developing a website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.