unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,296 through 2,310 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: american harp works #162652
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The American Harpworks harps used the Camac action and pedal cables.

    in reply to: Go Ahead Without a Teacher? #162983
    unknown-user
    Participant

    How about a compromise?

    Often you can find a teacher who will give you lessons on a monthly basis (or every other month, or whatever works for you).

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147923
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Just great!I don’t know Holy’s music quite well but some of it seems to me under the influence of Richard Wagner in a very good way.Thanks Barbara and Tan,congratulations/RHC Holy revival.

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147922
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thankyou!

    in reply to: Very New too #163889
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks so much Sherry. the music is so much improved! This is important for us novices (and those who listen to us.)

    Judi

    in reply to: Virtual Harp Circle for beginners #163865
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Cyndee,
    Would love to be part of your group. How exactly would that work?
    Judi

    in reply to: A question of levers and tuning #163900
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey,

    I recommend that you always disengage your levers when you’re not playing the harp.

    in reply to: Camac Baby blue #163958
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, Peter is a very good person!

    Hugs!

    Athy, Contemporary Harper & Composer

    in reply to: Teachers Targeted by Scams #87028
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This just arrived this morning. I might take him up on the guilter training…

    This is Kelly Raymon…I’m written to male an inquiry about your tutorial lecture on musical concept and guilter training.I have two grown up children hoping to develop their talent in order to be one the notable musician in the society.So please let me know the cost for each person and their arrival date as well

    in reply to: Falsedo Method? #87108
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I love your thread here, Saul. Classic.

    A piano professor created an interesting solution to the question of continuing study once you reach a level where there isn’t someone with more technical expertise. He created a professional piano class where the local professors would meet once a month and play for each other, responding and critiquing. They were peers with the common ideal of maintaining their art with the utmost integrity. If the environment is not unduly competitive with non-artistc agendas, then this type of dynamic can foster continued growth by its merits of peer review.

    in reply to: Tuning 7th Octave C, D, E #163966
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Where can I buy a Peterson Strobe tuner that you suggested? Thanks to everyone for their help.

    in reply to: Tuning 7th Octave C, D, E #163965
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have a Korg OT 12 that gets those notes. But I also have a pick up mic that I stick on, if in a large hall it will not pick up the upper or lower for some reason.

    It’s a common problem, and there are so many overtones on those bottom notes they are always hard to hear. some harps are cleaner down there than others, but they are all difficult.

    To tune those notes by ear.

    in reply to: Dry, splitting, cracking, bleeding finger tips #157865
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I am not a harpist (but how I wish I were!!)….but my desperate Google search re: cracked, bleeding fingertips led me to all of you!

    in reply to: Tuning 7th Octave C, D, E #163962
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Try this: tune your wire strings with pedals set to natural starting with the G and tuning down – when you get to the 7th E, play the harmonic and then match it to the octave above – same for the D and C -(that’s why you have set the pedals in natural so you can

    in reply to: Classical Lever Music #87076
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,Sherry.William Byrd’s set variations on elizabethan melodie “Sellinger’s Round” is available for free download in some renaissance music sites.I can’t remember right now,however I

Viewing 15 posts - 2,296 through 2,310 (of 5,570 total)