unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Virtual Harp Circle for beginners #163870
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Ken,

    Good to hear you are supporting Aussie made!! Yay! My sorta guy!

    I have heard of Denny’s harps. Not played one myself, but he is apparently a lovely person and good to deal with.

    When you get your harp I’d love to hear what you think of it.

    Best wishes,

    Curls.

    in reply to: Virtual Harp Circle for beginners #163869
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I went to the Denwar site-very cool.

    in reply to: Just to let you know . . . #108557
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Whoo Hoo, Nana Kay!

    Well, as least if you teach the rug rat harp, you will not have to buy one for them…too darn expensive! They can just use yours!

    Great news Kay, you know, I did see baby clothes that had little hats of Koala ears, and matching grey and white

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147933
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Helio,

    I just find a website, planet harp, that have much of Holy music from RHC on special for half price. Elegy, Nocturne, Impromptu. And Parish Alvars La Danse des fees (I like this one).

    http://planetharp.com/store/clohrpmu.html

    It is on the music close out page and I hope it works as the link. I do not know if they are part of the same company or not, and you pay by something called pay pal.

    Amy

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147931
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I will!Thanks,Barbara.

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Is RHC inactive?I had a go at it(mail,on line order didn’t work),no reply.What a pity;his “Miniaturen” seems to be a fine set of harp

    in reply to: Transitioning to pedal harp. #163882
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Congrats on your new harp!

    From a teachers perspective, things I watch with my pupils when they go over to a pedal harp:

    Posture – as you are moving to a larger and heavier harp. Watch how you sit, adjust your chair to an appropriate height. Sit straight, and make sure you are not taking too much weight on yourself when you tilt the harp back.

    Tilt the harp back, find the spot that it balances, and adjust the height of your chair, and move to a position that you are taking a bit of weight on your knee to keep it at is natural balance. You should take no weight on your shoulder and only a minimal amount on your knee.

    And try not to over do your practise at first, do not in your enthusiasm go beserk and do too much practise. Take breaks, remain relaxed and do not try to play too loud.

    You need to remain relaxed and avoid tension. the string tension on a concert harp is usually higher and requires more strength then a lever. Build it gradually, and take oodles of breaks after say 20 minutes.

    Congrats and hope this helps,

    Curls.

    in reply to: Very New too #163893
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My goodness, sounds like you may have had that experience
    Cheers and thanks for the encouragement from all

    in reply to: Virtual Harp Circle for beginners #163867
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Ken
    haven’t received any news but visited the site – yahoogroups and then Virtual harp Circle.

    in reply to: Teachers Targeted by Scams #87031
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m aware of that, but the site in general, does not encourage people to teach without credentials. Take a look for your self:

    http://www.teachortutor.com/learn/page-name-FAQ.htm#3

    in reply to: american harp works #162654
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, my Am. Harpworks harps have and are great.

    in reply to: american harp works #162653
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carmen,

    If your American Harpworks harps are so great, why are you selling them?

    There is a reason Camac uses carbon fiber with their taller harp design.

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147926
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh no…I just read this, not nice is it?!

    in reply to: Alfred Holy’s music? #147925
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I just glanced at his “Festmusik” first hp part(I don’t have the 2nd) and it’s like Richard Strauss’ bold music.Since

    in reply to: Teachers Targeted by Scams #87029
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Their site is legit and it is SSL secured. Their site is
    fairly new maybe that is why all categories are not filled yet. Notice the Beta
    on the top left. :). If you ask me the site is innovated and fallowing
    the right path in the information boom/era.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,281 through 2,295 (of 5,570 total)