harpcolumn

Very New too

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Very New too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi
    New to harping (though SO says not so) and to posting. I have disengaged all the levers and now can’t remember how to get back to C. Really emabarrassed to tell my harp teacher, well to tell anyone. I have no musical theory, but since going through major surgery have found the harp very healing, other than my frustrations with lack of musical knowledge.
    Thanks
    Judi

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Judeth- Lots of us newbies have to come to our harps after life changing events, and found that the harp itself can be the most life changing of all.

If your harp is tuned in Eb, you need to raise 2 levers before the red C strings and one before the blue/black F strings. Try that, play a scale, and see if it sounds right. If not, let us know. Your teacher will not embarrass you- I have a degree in music education and it took me a long time to figure the levers out, and I’m not always sure even now. Keep us posted!

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks so much Sherry. the music is so much improved! This is important for us novices (and those who listen to us.)

Judi

sherry-lenox
    Participant

glad to help!

rod-c
    Participant

Judeth:

Welcome.

Even experienced lever/pedal harpists will have levers or pedals marked at the beginning of the piece.

unknown-user
    Participant

My goodness, sounds like you may have had that experience
    Cheers and thanks for the encouragement from all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.