rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Time for a harpmobile! #107864
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sam:

    A good friend of mine (professional harpist) has a Toyota Sienna (LH 85…almost as big as a 23). She always column loads.

    in reply to: Time for a harpmobile! #107863
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sam:

    There was a great article a couple of years ago in the printed version of Harpcolumn about the best harpmobiles. Also, there have been many good posts here.

    in reply to: Starting my first song #158954
    rod-c
    Participant

    Asha:

    I’m sure this piece will be the first of many

    in reply to: My Harp came today! – Meet “Gilligan!” #108037
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sherry:

    What a beautiful harp. I am sure it will bring you years of joy!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Out of Park Home Run! #108241
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Steven:

    As you may recall, this Harpo appearance on I Love Lucy was my inspiration for playing the harp.

    in reply to: Nervousness during lessons #155832
    rod-c
    Participant

    Donna:

    I agree with all the posts here. What you are experiencing is quite normal. Maybe knowing this will help you relax a bit.

    in reply to: Afraid to move it! #108212
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Kay:

    I

    in reply to: Afraid to move it! #108208
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Kay:

    I have a couple of tips. This may be old news to you, but …..

    1.

    in reply to: Playing at a Wedding #159227
    rod-c
    Participant

    Amande:

    Being an amateur harpist, I don’t have any advice, but there has been a boatload of information on this topic posted here over the past years. This site no longer has a search engine, but you can find past threads/discussion with a google search. For example, try a search with:

    in reply to: Why do you play the harp? #102551
    rod-c
    Participant

    Saul:

    You are a distinguished harpist from all that I have read. Do tell us what inspired you to play the harp?

    Rod C.

    in reply to: what color flooring for harping #108300
    rod-c
    Participant

    Doc:

    I agree with what Karen says.

    In the past 2-3 years, there have been some interesting posts here about problems harpists have had (mostly in professional settings) with the flooring. For example, one posted about playing in a church with red carpet and all his C strings seemed to have disappeared as he looked through the strings.

    When I first started playing three years ago, the flooring could really bother me. Now that I have a bit more experience under my belt, I’m not bothered as much by the flooring. But, I’ll still take a plain floor..over a busy carpet design!

    Good luck!

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Why do you play the harp? #102545
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    I find it interesting that in virtually every case, those of us posting here were drawn to the harp the very first time we heard one being played. It is my sense that this may not

    in reply to: Why do you play the harp? #102531
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    Like Kay, my inspiration came from Harpo Marx. In hindsight, I remember the actual moment of inspiration. I was watching the I Love Lucy Show; Harpo was on the episode and he played the harp. (Up until then, I must not have known much about the Marx Brothers or that Harpo was a harpist.) But, I remember watching in awe. I was amazed by the fact that this clown was transforming into

    in reply to: Harp Car #106874
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sharon:

    Excuse me….I just re-read your post. You already got a car! Great. what did you get?

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Harp Car #106873
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Sharon:

    I would appreciate a copy of your list. YOu can email it to: Roco101@aol.com

    Also, a year or two ago, there was a great thread on this board about which cars are best for hauling harps. (Perhaps you’ve seen it.)If not,

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 209 total)