harpcolumn

What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Donna O
    Participant

Hi,
    I am a retired RN.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

My goodness this is a fascinating

tonya-a
    Participant

I am a pediatric RN, CFO/master-of-all-things-administrative for the business my husband and I own, mom of 4, and semi-professional pianist (which means I play regularly but don’t get paid).

Chris Asmann
    Participant

I operate, adjust, maintain and repair telecommunications switching and transport equipment.

When you dial a phone number and the call reaches the right person, I’ve done my job.

I seem to be in the minority here, most of you who’ve replied are in jobs that are people-oriented while I work almost entirely with machines. I do prefer the machines though..

gorman-jones
    Participant

Internal Medicine physician and part-time organist.

jane-jung
    Participant

I own and run a pet grooming and doggie daycare shop.

Sylvia
    Participant

I am in the minority, too, but it’s because I’m very shy that I’m not a people person.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

You know what we should do is all get together and form our own commune/cult of harpers and call it the Harp Gathering, like Denise’s festival.

Liam M
    Participant

Process Control Engineer. I establish, commission, service and tune the basic and advanced regulatory control systems for major industrial processes. Control everything from pressure, temperature, level, flow etc to the exotics like ORP, pH, conductivity etc to produce products that I may not even know what they are finally used for. I travel constantly and my wee clairseach travels with me.

After a day of calculations, stress, computers and people, sitting quietly alone in my hotel room composing poetry and strumming the strings relaxes me. I tried other instruments, but the simplicity of the wire harp appeals to me. Even the lack of levers to adjust is attractive after a day of adjusting everything else.

Then when I came home, my shop is there where I can work with wood. The smell of sawdust and the feel of the wood as it comes alive in your hands is so delightfully different then the sterility of the projects I work on.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Great idea! I’m game…. :-)

rod-c
    Participant

Hello:

Lynn
    Participant

Fun to learn how diverse a group of people play!

Nancy Edwards
    Participant

I am a yoga instructor and also teach fitness classes specifically designed for older adults age 65 and up.

kay-lister

I am now a medical secretary

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

During the fall, winter and spring months, I’m a teacher at a public alternative high school in California.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.