rod-c

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Improvising? #156602
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Ben:

    Welcome!

    in reply to: Another “new” harpist says hello to you! #105605
    rod-c
    Participant

    Anja:

    Welcome!

    in reply to: Does anyone have . . . #105717
    rod-c
    Participant

    Kay:

    Try Amazon.com. (Link below.) They have 134 fake books listed. Many are used and prices are good.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dmi&field-keywords=Fake+books

    Ebay has

    in reply to: Do you remember . . .? #105775
    rod-c
    Participant

    Minnesota Harpist

    I found the book that has “Dreams” in it. It is Harp Olympics Stage III by

    Susann McDonald and Linda Rollo.

    in reply to: Do you remember . . .? #105774
    rod-c
    Participant

    Dear Minnesota Harpist:

    Sorry I am slow in responding. The piece “Dreams” is in one of the beginning harp books; the arrangment is

    in reply to: Do you remember . . .? #105764
    rod-c
    Participant

    HI Kay:

    Interesting topic. My first public performance was about 4 years ago. I played in a recital–about 20 harpists. Half kids/teens..the other half adults.

    It was surreal, considering I had started the harp as adult, had no previous musical training, and

    in reply to: Somewhere Over the Rainbow #157201
    rod-c
    Participant

    Sidney:

    Did you know you can email this harpist and ask her about the arrangement? I have done that before. Often, it is the harpist’s own arrangement.

    However, the way this harpist is tied closely to reading her music, it would make me question whether it’s her own arrangement.

    Best,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Taking Lessons? How long? #157252
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hi Carl:

    You make an important distinction between the pros and amateur.

    in reply to: Sheet Music by Brook Boddie #155868
    rod-c
    Participant

    Brook:

    To date, I have ordered 4 copies of your sheet music. One for me and one for three local harpists/friends–all of whom are professionals. They all love it. One mentioned she would play it at weddings.

    I’m currently working on the piece and can play through it fairly smoothly. Again, thanks!

    Cheers,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Harps & Pets #106104
    rod-c
    Participant

    Hello:

    It’s fun hearing about different pets and how they react to the harp. I mentioned the little Maltese that likes to sit at the base of the harp and watch my hands intently.

    in reply to: First “gig”! #157440
    rod-c
    Participant

    Shelby:

    Congratulations….for not only playing in public…but also for being able to play 7 pieces!

    in reply to: HARP STOLEN FROM CANCER PATIENT in BC #106278
    rod-c
    Participant

    It’s nice to hear this story had a happy ending.

    in reply to: Left-hand Rolled Chords #157590
    rod-c
    Participant

    Thanks for the great tips. There is so much collective wisdom on the board!

    Rolling along,

    Rod C.

    in reply to: Left-hand Rolled Chords #157585
    rod-c
    Participant

    Tacye:

    This is excellent advice. I will put it to work.

    in reply to: Please Help! #157563
    rod-c
    Participant

    Ciara:

    If possible, you could rent a harp. That’s a good place to start.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 209 total)