column

Another “new” harpist says hello to you!

Home Forums Coffee Break Another “new” harpist says hello to you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anja G
    Participant

Hello to you all!
    I was a silent reader for some time and now registered.
    I just wanted to say hello to you and introduce myself shortly :-)
    I am a German amateur harpist, played the piano and flute since my childhood. The harp was always my dream. I have a degree in History and German Literature, and while working in cultures I made my dream come true and took harp lessons. I have 2 small children, so I had a break with harp lessons and practicing. I lent a 34 string lever harp built by a friend and played for myself. I will start with lessons again in August and am very happy to have again found a great teacher. I like this forum very much and though I only started with the harp as an adult and my level is much under yours I hope I can contribute a bit :-)
    Best
    Anja

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Congratulations! You will have your hands full with two small children, but it’s good for them to see their mother doing something like playing the harp.

I’m originally German too, though I’ve been in the U.S. for most of my life. I play guitar, harp and banjo–learned them in that order–with considerable hiatuses in between. I love all three, but if I were limited to just one instrument (God forbid!), it would be the harp.

Sylvia
    Participant

Hi Anja.

Anja G
    Participant

Hi Jessica, yes, my days are duly completed with children and work, but I try to take the time for my harp, it`s so relaxing, calming, fulfilling … . The kids, es pecially the elder one, are also “playing” (that is pulling the strings carefully and listening to the nice sounds) the harp from time to time.
    Where in Germany do you come from, and do you sometimes still come over here?

Anja G
    Participant

Hello Sylvia,
    thanks for your welcome! I learned on a wonderful Salvi pedal harp with an enchanting sound and a “Volksharfe” (one pedal harp) with my first teacher – it remains my dream to one day have a pedal harp at home…

kay-lister

Hi Anja,

Welcome!

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Anja, my folks are from Berlin, Hamburg and Amrum, but I was born in Meissen (one of those wartime things). Usually I’m more likely to hang around the Mediterranean than Germany, but I have promised my daughter a trip to Germany with special attention to family-related places. Probably late spring next year.

rod-c
    Participant

Anja:

Welcome!

Anja G
    Participant

Hello Kay,

I know of Besigheim, it is only about one and a half hour drive from my town!

And yes – I ENJOY HARPING :-)

Anja

Anja G
    Participant

Jessica,
    these are all interesting places, full of culture and music (Amrum is a quiet and relaxing island!). If you like, you could tell me befor you come to Germany, I could send you some information!
    Best, Anja

Anja G
    Participant

Rod, thank you for the nice welcome greetings.
    You have a beautiful harp (I have seen your harp`s portrait!), I dream of such a harp one day … .
    Kaiserslautern is not far away from my town (anyway we don`t have the wide american distances here!). What kind of music do you play after 4 years of playing?
    Best wishes, Anja

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.