column

Harp sighting in Blondie Comics

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp sighting in Blondie Comics

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Owosso Harpist
    Participant

Would you rather be actually playing Christmas carols on the harp outside regardless of it being cold, snowy? This harpist in today’s 12/20/08 Blondie strip sure won’t.

diane-michaels
    Spectator

That’s hysterical!

joan-steinberg
    Participant

The funniest part is the uncovered harp out in the cold…

joan-steinberg
    Participant

yeah,i would leave it out in the snow if i didn’t have to move it around anymore. harpist’s

sherry-lenox
    Participant

First off, I was tickled to find that “Blondie” is still published.

Second, I had a fleeting moment this morning of wondering if one of my harps actually could live long enough outside to generate some enthusiasm for the Salvation Army. Our local contingents are having a terrible time with low donations.

I figured passers-by could either pay me to play their favorite holiday tune or pay the bell-ringer to make me stop playing. Either way, the SA would benefit.

rod-c
    Participant

Sherry: If the harp could withstand the cold temps…I bet it would difficult to keep your fingers nimble in the cold weather.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

My Dad, who played cornet with the University of Wisconsin Marching Band in conditions like these at late season football games, had several non-metal mouthpieces. Looked like plastic to me, but in the late 1930s, who knows what they actually were.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

For what it’s worth at this late stage, I also think it is absolutely fabulous.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.