Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
rod-c
ParticipantHi Patricia:
Thanks for this info. It is most helpful.
Best regards,
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantHi Kay:
I love the 100s!
July 22, 2008 at 11:14 pm in reply to: newbie seeking advice–strength training before starting harp lessons??? #162846rod-c
ParticipantGinger:
I have been playing harp and taking lessons for a year and a half now. Just by practicing daily, I have gained a great deal of strength in my fingers. You’ll probably find that happening to you, too.
However, there is a little device you can buy for strengthening fingers. It is called a Gripmaster, and you can buy it online for $15.00 at this link below. I have one; I didn’t use it a lot, but I think it does work for strengthening fingers.
http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ws137.html
Best,
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantRe: Christmas decoration
Sherry:
I’ve seen a harp with a Santa’s hat atop the column. I thought that was clever and fitting for the season!
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantCarian:
I’ve been playing and taking lessons for 18 mos. I agree with the others here. I especially agree with the fact that the harp you want to play today may not be the harp you want to be playing a year from now…which is why renting is good to start.
rod-c
ParticipantJohn:
Many thanks for the info. I found the arrangement on http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us
and have downloaded it already. (Only cost $3.95) This song is also one of my all-time favorites. I did not know about the movie! Interesting.
Would love to hear your rendition. Any chance I might find it on youtube now or in the future?
Cheers,
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantJennifer:
Thanks. I’ll look into this.
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantHi Kay..
I think this may almost be a universal experience. I know it’s true for many, including me.
rod-c
ParticipantGloria:
Yes, Sarah Deere Jones in wonderful. I forgot to this site with her playing; perhaps you’ve seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpIWcn9yiXg
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantHere are
rod-c
ParticipantChloe:
I hope you have a good trip to New York!
rod-c
ParticipantJosiah:
Thank you!. I was posted a note to the message board on one of these sites. (I had only seen the .net site….but not the .org site.) Glad to know of this one.
Cheers,
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantWhat do you mean you’re tired of hearing this piece? I’ve only been working on it for three months.
Rod C.
rod-c
ParticipantJosiah:
The only other site I’m aware of with harp music is the Web site that is a tribute to Harpo Marx.
rod-c
ParticipantChristopher:
What a great experience with your new harp!
-
AuthorPosts