harpcolumn

Harp Benches

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp Benches

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rod-c
    Participant

Hello:

Can any one share opinions about the

barbara-low
    Participant

I had this recommended to me by another harpist after complaining about my harp bench. It’s a TAMA Ergo-Rider Throne with back rest.

http://tinyurl.com/67lsy8

It’s ergonomic, doesn’t cut off circulation in your legs and provides back support that can be used even if you’re pedaling. It’s really sturdy, doesn’t make any noise and is adjustable in height. I use it with my semi-grand and concert grand. The seat on mine detaches from the leg support.

When I purchased my chair the back rest was not available so I had to buy it as an attachment. It’s not necessary, but it really does make playing and practicing more comfortable and with better posture.

The seat does swivel, but can be tightened down. I haven’t tried locking it down since I don’t mind a bit of swivel.

I don’t own stock in TAMA, just a happy customer.

rod-c
    Participant

Hi Barbara:

Thanks for this information. I had not seen the TAMA seat…but you’ve got me interested. And…the the price seems reasonable…

Happy holidays to you!

Rod C.

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

I have been using the Dusty Strings Musician’s Stool for both my pedal harps, as well as all of my lever harps.

http://www.dustystrings.com/building/harp_accessories.shtml#stool

It is similar to the TAMA seat mentioned in the previous posts, but I have found that this particular muscian’s stool to be:

1. Light weight and portable

2. Useable (at least for me) for both pedal and lever harps

3. Able to “get close” to the harp without infringing on the boundaries of a pedal harp or staved-back of a celtic harp

4. Extremely comfortable for those very, very long gigs.

Best,

Cynthy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies