harpcolumn

Harps and Critters

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harps and Critters

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

Here’s a new thread….

Have you ever had a critter interact with your harp (other than the usual dog or cat?)

andy-b
    Participant

Thank goodness

Brandee Younger
    Participant

I didn’t know roadrunners were real.

rod-c
    Participant

David:

Did the roadrunner

David Ice
    Participant

Hi Brandi and Rod,

Yes, roadrunners are real, but they don’t really look like the cartoon version!

jean-mac
    Participant

Must be nice–I saw two running with each other yesterday down the street–so cute!

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Does Mickey and Minnie count?

I actually have had Goofy play a duet with me on the piano.

David Ice
    Participant

Christian,

I’d pay money to hear that concert!!!!

Dave

PS Was it “Hungarian Rhapsody”?

brenda-lee
    Participant

I didn’t know Roadrunners were real either.

Kathleen Clark
    Participant

This summer I had to stop playing my lever harp in the back yard because it was driving our local mockingbird nuts. Instead of the mockingbird picking up on some of my riffs it heard my harp as a rival and went absolutely berserk trying to “outsing” it whenever I took my harp outside. It would quiet down only when I took my harp inside again.

The only roadrunner I’ve had a run in with was in Borrego Springs. It saw its reflection in our sliding glass door and kept attacking it, almost broke the glass. It was a large roadrunner, largest one I’ve ever seen — the size of a small turkey. And it wouldn’t go away, it kept attacking and attacking its image off and on for a couple of days.

My favorite harp/bird moment in the desert was also in Borrego Springs on our patio. I was playing my lever harp in sandals and halfway through a number I felt a little continuous swoosh over my toes. I jumped a little because I thought it was a snake, but it turned out to be a covey of quail and their little feet were padding over my toes. It was soft, like feathers.

I’ve had butterflies and other bugs land on my harp, but not a bird – yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies