column

My New Harp

Home Forums Coffee Break My New Harp

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tony-morosco

I thought I would post pictures of my new harp. They aren’t the greatest shots, I took them with my phone. But I will take better ones soon. So far so good. It came without any problems. No defects I can see

alexander-rider
    Participant

Its really beautiful!! In fact they both are lovely harps 😉

andy-b
    Participant

Congratulations, Tony! I’ve always liked the 85 series, and the 85P I had was a great harp. I’m sure you’ll have a blast playing it!

Andy

unknown-user
    Participant

GREAT! You’ve got

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Tony,

Beautiful harp!

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Beautiful harp!!!! Wow, love the ebony color, and the, it looks like a floral design on the soundboard, really adds to it also..congratulations!

tony-morosco

Thanks Williams. Yes, it’s ebony. I actually don’t name my instruments (I have been called a spoilsport before because of that), but truth is I have a hard enough time remembering peoples’ names. I usually just refer to my instruments by their color. It helps that all my harps are different colors.

tony-morosco

For now I am working on relearning some of the more chromatic pieces I play on lever harp on the pedals just to get back in to the habit of using my feet. That way I can pay more attention to my feet and my hands basically know what to do without too much direction (except I keep going to flip levers out of habit).

After that I am going to work on some Jazz pieces I have been playing around with arranging but couldn’t pull off on levers. I may also relearn some classical pieces I know on lever harp, but where there are some other great arrangements for pedal harp, such as the Handel Bb Concerto and some of my favorite Debussy pieces.

brook-boddie
    Participant

Tony,

Beautiful harp!

tony-morosco

Thanks Brooke. Yes, the other is a L&H Folk harp, the third of too many harps I have owned.

Congratulations, Tony. Is it a brand new harp? It’s quite lovely!! I wish you many years maturing together. 🙂

Briggsie

unknown-user
    Participant

Congrats! You have been saving hard and you deserve it!

rod-c
    Participant

Tony:

Congrats on the new harp!

tony-morosco

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. And Briggsie, yes it is new. Shipped direct from Lyon & Healy. In fact when I first inquired they had several ebony ones on the floor. I took about two days to consider and when I called back to finalize the order they had all been sold so I had to wait another month for them to finish the next batch. So it’s so new it hasn’t even sat on the showroom floor.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

Congratulations on your new addition!

I just got a “natural” color version of this same harp from L&H’s pre-owned site. It’s a 2007 model. I really love it! The ebony harp is very nice, too. I was also really happy with the service from L&H. I also like the fact that it’s a pedal harp that I can fit into my older Rav4.

Have fun with this!

Another Tonie (but spelled differently),

Santa Cruz, CA

PS By any chance, can you tell me how you posted your photos on this forum? I have not yet figured out how to do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.