Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jessica-wolff
ParticipantYou sure are in an all-fired hurry! Keep in mind that in the case of the piano you have one more finger on each hand, don’t you?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantAt just under 5’0″, I would have been delighted with either the Style 12 (I’ve stood next to one) or the Progress (I’ve played one).
jessica-wolff
ParticipantOh no, not again! But, Lin, you’re right about the resemblance to Erards.
August 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm in reply to: classical guitarists vs. pedal harpists in restaurants #145599jessica-wolff
ParticipantSince I play both instruments, I applaud either being hired to play.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI always wondered why Wagner was so extravagant in his demand for extra harps. There’s the answer.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantCan’t think why you “despised” the non pedal harp. Pedal harps haven’t been around for that long.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantNope. I may talk to mySELF, as in cussing myself out, under appropriate circumstances.
But yes, I do hug my harp. That’s inherent in the nature of both harp and guitar and is probably part of the reason I play them.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantJust curious, being as I fit the description of chesty and short-armed: why is stave-backed more appropriate?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantJerusha, CCC: I was a guitarist long before I was a harpist. The kind of blues I like best is Son House, Lightnin’ Hopkins, Leadbelly. All of which are probably better played on 12-string or slide guitar, but what the hey. I may even try blues on banjo, too.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantShed the jerk.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantNeither! Just working through a book I got at the WHC in Vancouver. Most folks say you need a pedal harp for blues or jazz. Here’s someone who thinks otherwise.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThis is a disheartening thread. Are there really so many stupid people in the world?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI had to wait more than 4 years for what I call the Etruscan-Minoan banjo (inlays modeled after archaeological finds), a handmade curly walnut openback, but it was worth it.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantAura Lee (which I’ve also played on bowed psaltery and guitar), Sephardic songs, blues for lever harp.
There’d be more, but I have repotting to do and umpteen variations of “Old Joe Clark” for banjo.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantTake care of that elderly dog. I lost Ilyusha the Samoyed just a few months ago. He was 13.
-
AuthorPosts