Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
August 22, 2013 at 10:06 pm in reply to: Who Would You Want To See Next In Your Harp Column Magazine? #112778
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI third Lorena McKennitt. Among other things, she plays the same old Troubadour I play. Also, I’d like to see an article on Celso Duarte (Senior). Also, a wire-strung harper.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantHeck, I’m happy to get the whole shebang in equal temperament.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI’d opt for Amnesty International or Doctors Without Borders.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThat particular mahogany finish has an unpleasant purplish tone, like Victorian furniture. I’d go for walnut or ebony if you have the option,
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWow! Is it gonna be that non wooden whatchamacallit material?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantOh, so do I!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantLike Andee, I’ve had interruptions. Also, I have to share the time with guitar and banjo.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantJerusha, you’re not the only Luddite around. A web friend calls me a “technotarda.” OTOH I know umpteen languages and lots of other stuff, which the kids conversant with the ways of the web don’t.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWell, I should think they would!
jessica-wolff
Participant33 strings, which is what the Grand Harpsicle has, is just about right; that’s what I have on my (much larger) Troubadour I.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI prefer copper Cs and Fs unless they’ve gotten grungy, which makes them hard to distinguish from the “silver.” And incidentally, a harp technician told me they have a superior tone.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantMy ginger kitty thinks the harp chair belongs to him.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI had the original “dinosaur” levers adjusted on my Troubadour I and that helped. Sharp edges filed too–those levers are apt to chew up strings and spit them out. The gent who did the work is from the Midwest though.
December 30, 2012 at 2:24 pm in reply to: Swanson Harp in Quentin Tarantino’s new movie Django Unchained #112142jessica-wolff
ParticipantI like your partly gilded model best.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantLever harps don’t need regulation as often as pedal harps. Eventually the levers “travel” and need adjustment. Good luck! You have chosen to fall in love with a wonderful instrument.
-
AuthorPosts