column

What’s on your music stand? Summer 2012

Home Forums Coffee Break What’s on your music stand? Summer 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi everyone!

How are things going on the harp front?

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Naderman Sonata #1, Tournier Six Noels #1, Grandjany Le Bon Petite Roi d’ Aventot – please forgive fractured French, and The Trees They Grow So High and The Rocky Road to Dublin, both in anticipation of having something under my fingers for Somerset.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Sherry,

I’m familiar with “Six Noels” and “Le Bon”.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Hi Jerusha- I really love everything I’m doing. I’m just doing the first Noel now and may add one other.

The Naderman Sonata sounds great on the Wurlitzer, and I know how lucky I am to have two pedal harps in my house! The character of the piece fits hand in glove with such a beautiful looking harp.

Interesting about Noel #5. I’ll have to ask about it in my next lesson. Thanks for the tip!

cc-chiu

I’m working on:

Danses d’ automne #4 (finally finished #3 a while ago!!!!)

The Minstrel’s Adieu (I can almost play all the notes – it still needs a lot of polishing)

Handel harp concerto for lever harp (it’s really awesome to finally play it!)

Things are going quite well, but not on the lessons front… I think I need to start looking for another teacher because our schedules don’t really match. And affordable AND good teachers are quite rare – and then there’s the issue of telling my current teacher I’m going to stop lessons with them… but my next lesson isn’t even planned yet so I’ll have a few months to think about it.

deb-l
    Participant

been playing the harp for pleasure more than to progress.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Aura Lee (which I’ve also played on bowed psaltery and guitar), Sephardic songs, blues for lever harp.

There’d be more, but I have repotting to do and umpteen variations of “Old Joe Clark” for banjo.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

<>

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Deb,

I admire the fact that you’re going to tackle more memorization.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

<>

deb-l
    Participant

I broke a wire on the Dusty Friday night Jerusha and have been in withdrawals ever since!

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

If memory serves, I think that you have a bubinga.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

Jerusha, have you played a Koa Dusty? There was one at Somerset last year that was a dream, but they’re not making Koa harps now, and I’m trying to decide whether I’d like the Bubinga harp as much.

Forgot that yours was Bubinga Deb L. Yummy!

Somewhere, I have a recording of Harry Belafonte singing God Bless the Child. Yummy TWICE!

deb-l
    Participant

thanks Sherry and Jerusha, bubinga is as stunning in tone as it is visually.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Hi Sherry,

I haven’t had the privilege of test driving a koa harp.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.