jessica-wolff

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 602 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: single and multiple harp owners #158391
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    If I had the money, I could easily be tempted by a really small pedal harp, such as the Lyon & Healy style 12 or 14. In that case, I might also be tempted to turn in my Troubadour I for a smaller harp such as the Merlin. As is, though, I can live with what I have.

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165614
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    There is a long, long tradition of male harpers and harpists.

    in reply to: Wedding Minimums #149572
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    The couple uncoupled, so to speak.

    in reply to: need pedal harp in honolulu #73517
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Sylvia Woods? But I think she’s on another island.

    in reply to: lap harp hard case #69574
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    You might want to look at the YouTube video “United Breaks Guitars.” United Airlines ended up with a red face over that one. The guitarist in question was using a hard case.

    in reply to: Need advice on my new double strung harp. #158506
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Harper Tasche has some YouTube videos on double-strung harp.

    in reply to: Wedding Minimums #149569
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    I love simple, modest weddings and my daughter’s was to be in a tiny semi-outdoor chapel that fits only 40 people. But I arranged for a harpist! Sorry to say, the wedding fell through.

    in reply to: Harp and alto saxophone? #107741
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Listening to it, I have to agree with you.

    in reply to: Picking up my new harp! #107748
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    I could have sworn I posted last night–? Maybe on another thread. Anyway, it looks great.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps – Pros and Cons #155680
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    I know what you mean–it’s an awkward size, too large for a lap harp and too small for a floor harp. Unlike the Delight, which is fashioned after the larger 38-string wooden harp, this harp was not fashioned after the 36-string wooden harp, the Sylvan. Apparently it’s supposed to cover some of the territory of the vanished lap harp.

    in reply to: ‘bright’ tone color #155351
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Penny, the only thing wrong with that is that Tripletts, at least the ones I’ve tried, do not sound bright at all next to (e.g.) a Dusty Strings. I would put Tripletts in the mellow category.

    in reply to: My new custom Pratt Chamber Harp #72911
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Lovely, Karen!

    in reply to: I’m curious to know…….. #158514
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    What else would work–those sturdy chairs our local Starbuck’s is phasing out. They’re built for the ages and will never squeak.

    in reply to: I’m curious to know…….. #158513
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Those adjustable harp benches are probably the most flexible, but I make do with a lyre-back chair I picked up for $5 at a sale when an old hotel was going out of business. I stuck a fat Burmese cushion on top of it and it fits just right.

    in reply to: what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment? #157353
    jessica-wolff
    Participant

    Add to that lizlops007 (“Lizzie”) Dussek Sonatina #1 1st Movement played by a young girl on an old Erard with staggering coolth and mastery, considering her young age. No, actually you don’t have to consider her young age. She’s just plain good.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 602 total)