what’s your favorite youtube video at the moment?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    deb-l on #157350

my favorite is always changing, been caught up in paraguayan harp lately.

Participant
    deb-l on #157351

another favorite, can’t help it this is wonderful and had to share.

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #157352

I really like the version of “Flores de Asuncion” you posted, but picking a favorite? Oh, dear.

They range from Celso Duarte (Sr.) playing music from Orfeu Negro to Arianna Savall playing Tarantela de Ribayaz with Pedro Estevan on percussion to William Macdonald’s twin daughters playing Brian Boru’s March on flute and harp (not the best version, but one of the most appealing), and the harps range from metal-strung to Paraguayan/Mexican to lever harps to antique harps to pedal harps.

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #157353

Add to that lizlops007 (“Lizzie”) Dussek Sonatina #1 1st Movement played by a young girl on an old Erard with staggering coolth and mastery, considering her young age. No, actually you don’t have to consider her young age. She’s just plain good.

Participant
    unknown-user on #157354

1st movement of the Jolivet concerto with Lily Laskine.

~Sam

Participant
    unknown-user on #157355

Faure Impromptu played by Isabelle Moretti. I love that she plays with so much freedom!

cc-chiu on #157356

Faure’s Impromptu as played by Catrin Finch… I really wish that I’ll once be able to play that piece (but it’s not very likely, unfortunately).

Participant
    unknown-user on #157357

Hi Ching Chuan! I love Catrin Finch too! Isn’t the Faure the most beautiful piece ever?? One day

Participant
    deb-l on #157358

her version of chicken-picken rag was pretty amazing, her fingers really fly on that piece!

Participant
    Carm Zephyr on #157359

My favorite video at the moment is Junshi Murakami playing Michael Nyman’s “Big My Secret” on a lever harp. It’s my most favorite piece of music. I just adore it. On piano and harp, It’s beautiful on both 🙂

Participant
    deb-l on #157360

Michael Nyman AKA harphedgehog!

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #157361

I just love watching this video of Fabiola Harper playing Billy Jean by Michael Jackson.

Participant
    Mira Devi on #157362

My favorite is Deborah Henson Conant’s: Baroque Flamenco. If you haven’t seen it yet…… it’s a must watch.

Participant
    deb-l on #157363

Debora Henson Conant is my one of my favorite performers, I love that video

Baroque Flamenco

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #157364

I like her a lot too but favor “I Love You Just the Way You Are” and the man-in-the-moon song where she talks about her mother.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.