HBrock25

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hindemith Sonata #146386
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear Tam,

    I didn’t know you wrote an essay on Hindemith Sonata!!! Is it possible to read it? That would be great because I’m learning it and would like to research more about it.

    Thanks!!!

    Giulia

    in reply to: Harp Needed for Cruise #146404
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Holywell Music in London do Salvi and L&H harps. I know they used to hire but not sure if they still do. Definately worth checking out though.

    in reply to: Flying Dutchman #146423
    HBrock25
    Participant

    sudoku 🙂

    in reply to: Flying Dutchman #146418
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi everyone,
    My daugther just got the sheet music for the “Flying Dutschman” overture (she plays in a youth orchestra in Germany) and is struggling a lot for getting it through. She said she would need to have 3 or more feet for playing the original version. Therefore we would much appreciate if someone could indicate where to find / purchase such an enharmonic version (corresponding to its pedal-intensive section) as above mentioned, I assume this would help her a lot. Thanks in advance.

    in reply to: Getting blisters on fingers #155518
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Claire,
    I totally know what you mean by blisters! Just got a few water blisters on my fingers from playing with the orchestra. I know everyone says that you’re not supposed to pop them, but honestly, I have a show tonight, and I have to do so many glissando’s, it’s unreal. And, my fingers were killing me. So, I retreated to the old needle-popping trick. And just a few tips if you’ve decided to pop your water blisters: Use a needle the you have cleaned with rubbing alcohol, and also clean of the blister with alcohol. Then, slowly insert the needle into the blister until a clear liquid comes out. Quickly wipe it away with clean tissue, and if necessary, put some treatment cream on it, and bandage it up! But, I decided to leave mine bare, since I can’t really play with band-aid fingers LOL :p But, if you get a blood blister-that is a pink-ish or red-ish blister- NEVER pop it! Leave.it.alone. And, if you’re not in a rush, don’t pop the water ones either…it’ll heal into a much more satisfying callus. Full callus’s can take years to develop for some people…like me LOL
    Well, best of luck
    Sarah xxx

    in reply to: Prokofieff Violin Concerto No. 1 #146428
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Does anyone have any suggestions for playing the section at 58 in the 3rd movement of this work?

    Thank you!

    in reply to: megan harp #156309
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi Silvie — not sure if you’re still around to get this, but I met Harvey about 20 years ago when he came to Tulsa Junior College to perform for our student group.

    in reply to: John (Jack) Yule Harps #70387
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Mr. Yule, I am a beginning harp player and I stumbled across your postings at harpcolumn.com. Can you send me an description and price list for your work?

    Sevengables7@aol.com

    in reply to: hip replacement #146518
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I did not heard any connection between harp playing and hip replacement. My opinion is that you don’t have to worry about any long term complications because of harp playing, however I read at a hip implant attorney‘s website about some hip implant recalls. That is some really troublesome news regarding hip implants.

    in reply to: harp lessons in dublin #82864
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi if you still can can you message me some harp teachers in dublin – trad preferably.

    thanks

    Kat

    katrionawoods@gmail.com

    in reply to: Antiques Road Show #155642
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Found this as a comment under a CD of harp music…

    in reply to: Harp used by Michael Jackson #146608
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Dear Mr. Shah,

    is this harp still with you or did you sell it?

    Kind regards,

    Antonia

    in reply to: Tension when I play… #165910
    HBrock25
    Participant

    Hi, I wondered if you would be able to republish the article on removing the effort from play as mentioned above?

    I am an adult

    in reply to: Info please #70392
    HBrock25
    Participant

    I’m interested in exactly where and how your number 1002 is displayed. I just purchased a Erard via Ebay in Hudson Valley, NY (the link is below which contains some pictures). Mine seems to be from the french address. does yours contain the London address? Mine also displays the number 1002 which would seem to be the serial number and there are no other numbers and nothing on the back plate. I found from the ledger books at the 2nd link below (page 199 and 200) that the french Erard 1002 dates to April 9, 1926. My harp also has some other inscriptions I’m interested in referring to Gold Medals at the French exposition of 1809 and 1823, as well as something about the Duke of Orleans and the Imperial Court of Russia (perhaps bad translations). A third link below gives mostly the same inscription found on my harp, but mine has one more line pertaining to the Duke of Orleans. Does your harp have any inscriptions such as this? Can you post a picture of your inscriptions.

    I’ll be taking my harp to an expert restorer next week, but I’m really interested in it being fixed for use by my daughter and not necessarily restoration.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERARD-19TH-CENTURY-HARP-GD-COND-SINGLE-PEDAL-/320821807320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab27848d8

    http://www.sebastienerard.org/en/?m=registres&r=d2009177&p=199&z=3

    http://www.hurrellharp.com/HornimanMuseumHarps.pdf

    HBrock25
    Participant

    Fun with bug fixes!

    OK. So some of you, for whatever reason, have multiple subscriptions in our database. You may have canceled at one point and then resubscribed, or gotten an additional subscription for a friend or relative, or who knows what. Well, the system completely couldn’t hack it — it just picked the first one on the list, and if that one happened to be canceled or expired, you were out of luck.

    Well, after a great deal of hair-pulling on the part of yours truly, this is now fixed (along with a nasty bug that Sid Humphreys found for me yesterday, thereby earning himself 3 free issues!).

    If any of you run into other problems connecting and downloading the current issue, please respond here and I’ll do my best to get them taken care of.

    Thanks,

    –Hugh

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 365 total)