harpcolumn

New harpcolumn.com features — questions or problems here please!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break New harpcolumn.com features — questions or problems here please!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Hello harpcolumn.com users.

As you’ve probably seen on the front page of the site and in your email, we’ve finally put together a comprehensive system to let you subscribe online and instantly download the current Harp Column issue for your iPad, Android tablet, or laptop. The new setup also lets you check the status of your subscription right on the front page of the site, and renew it from there or change your address if necessary. Finally, as I’ve noted elsewhere, it is now possible for our non-US subscribers to buy an online-only subscription and save the high postage costs of shipping paper across the sea.

If you have questions about the new features or problems using them, please post here so we can try to come up with a solution. One problem I know we haven’t addressed is users who have or once had multiple subscriptions to the magazine — I’m working on a fix for that but it’s not quite ready yet.

We hope you enjoy reading Harp Column on line. Thanks for being subscribers!

–Hugh (and the rest of the HC staff)

deb-l
    Participant

hi Hugh, I’m just curious, is the number of members online feature broken?

Thank you for the great job to have an online version too.

I would like to have this

HBrock25
    Participant

Heh… trickery by me (actually it’s sort of an accident). I lengthened the session time so you don’t have to re-enter your password as often, which has the effect of showing someone “online” even if they’ve been away for a few hours. I wasn’t expecting the “members online” number to go up but I guess I’ll leave it like it is.

HBrock25
    Participant

Hello Edith. I’ve just checked and it appears you are all set – we pre-entered the customer ID of everyone whose email address we had. If you browse to http://www.harpcolumn.com/hc-subscribers/current-issue , you should get the new issue. You may have to log into the site again but it should prompt you to do that.

If you still have trouble getting the magazine, please let me know.

Thanks,

–Hugh

Hello Hugh,

Thank you; it works very well.

HBrock25
    Participant

Fun with bug fixes!

OK. So some of you, for whatever reason, have multiple subscriptions in our database. You may have canceled at one point and then resubscribed, or gotten an additional subscription for a friend or relative, or who knows what. Well, the system completely couldn’t hack it — it just picked the first one on the list, and if that one happened to be canceled or expired, you were out of luck.

Well, after a great deal of hair-pulling on the part of yours truly, this is now fixed (along with a nasty bug that Sid Humphreys found for me yesterday, thereby earning himself 3 free issues!).

If any of you run into other problems connecting and downloading the current issue, please respond here and I’ll do my best to get them taken care of.

Thanks,

–Hugh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies