harpcolumn

John (Jack) Yule Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories John (Jack) Yule Harps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Harwood
    Participant

Last weekend I attended the Spanish Peaks Celtic Music Festival in Southern Colorado and

unknown-user
    Participant

I think most harps, pedal or lever, have that graduated spacing.

Some of the really traditional ones

Michael Harwood
    Participant

Very interesting.

cynthia-kuni
    Participant

I had a wonderful Yule harp years ago, which I often wish I had back. I did not know Jack was making harps anymore! No website that I could find. Do you have any contact info for him?

Thanks for posting this!

unknown-user
    Participant

Michael Harwood
    Participant

I don’t think he has a website. He currently lives in Gardner, Colorado with his wife Barbara. The story I was told is that he moved here and brought a huge load of wood from his homeland so he could build harps.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Posted by Jack Yule, currently living in southern Colorado

I am finally back on line, thank you for your patience.

As the maker of the harps in question, I would like to put in my tuppence worth or two cents worth, depending on which side of the pond you are on. If I had been asked, and I do speak English as well as Scottish, richt weel, I would have said. The spacing of my harp strings is: top range 13 mm, mid range 14mm and bottom range 15 mm. A difference of 2 mm top to bottom can hardly be called exaggerated. No buyer of my harps has ever said this was a problem; this graduated spacing is a common practice

By the way I did not bring a huge load of Scottish sycamore over with me. It will run out some time. The reason I do not have a website at present is that I am still finishing my house, garage and workshop that I have been building singlehandedly for the past nine years.

If anybody wants to contact me, I am at johnyuleharps@gmail.com. You may call me at my home at 719-746-2061

HBrock25
    Keymaster

Mr. Yule, I am a beginning harp player and I stumbled across your postings at harpcolumn.com. Can you send me an description and price list for your work?

Sevengables7@aol.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.