Flying Dutchman

• Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #146413

The opera company I play for is doing Wagner’s Flying Dutchman with
    rehearsals starting in mid-March.

Participant
    erin-wood on #146414

I have only learned the overture in my excerpt book. There is an enharmonic version written out for around letter W.

Participant
    paul-wren on #146415

If the rest of the opera is like the Overture, all I can say is God Bless!

Participant
    unknown-user on #146416

There’s just the overture and the very last few bars in the entire opera to play, from what I remember. That ridiculous Wagner.

Participant
    rosalind-beck on #146417

That is correct.

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #146418

Hi everyone,
    My daugther just got the sheet music for the “Flying Dutschman” overture (she plays in a youth orchestra in Germany) and is struggling a lot for getting it through. She said she would need to have 3 or more feet for playing the original version. Therefore we would much appreciate if someone could indicate where to find / purchase such an enharmonic version (corresponding to its pedal-intensive section) as above mentioned, I assume this would help her a lot. Thanks in advance.

kreig-kitts on #146419

I’ll mention here that I find the string swell at the beginning of the overture one of the most excting moments in music.

Participant
    Elizabeth Volpé Bligh on #146420

I have an enharmonic edition of the overture, which makes it quite playable.

Marcos Mattoso on #146421

Thanks a lot!

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #146422

That reminds me of a related topic: what do pit harpists do when they have a whole opera to not play? Do they go out for dinner? Knit? Read? All of the above?

Keymaster
    HBrock25 on #146423

sudoku 🙂

Participant
    catherine-rogers on #146424

During the first act of Hansel and Gretel, I remember embroidering Christmas stockings for a friend’s children.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.