harpcolumn

Osvaldo Golijovsons

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Osvaldo Golijovsons

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

catherine-rogers
    Participant

What is the name of the piece by Osvaldo Golijov? The ASO has performed more than one of his works.

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hello Catherine,

Elizabeth L
    Participant

Maybe you could ask the conductor the name of the piece?

I recently played a piece by Golijov called Zhang Zhou’s Dream. It was quite beautiful, but the harp part was not written in a very practical way. Lots of note clusters that involved growing an extra foot to change three pedals at a time. If you need my edited version, I can send it to you, if this is the piece.

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hello Elizabeth,

HBrock25
    Participant

I play second harp in the National Symphony and last week we did a concert opening with Webern Im Sommerwind, then the Golijov “She Was Here,” and after intermission Mahler 4. Soloist was Dawn Upshaw. The Golijov had just one harp part, but I assisted since there are two harps in the Webern. It is a beautiful setting of four Schubert songs, with a very prominent harp part. The opening is very sparkly with repeated patterns in the harp and celeste–this part is not sight-readable and would need some practice. The rest of the work is very playable, and fun and beautiful. The harp part is very prominent and exposed.

MusikFind1
    Participant

She Was Here (2008)
    Four Songs by Franz Schubert, Orchestrated and with an Introduction by Osvaldo Golijov

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hello Catherine,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies