harpglo-jean

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Music Maker’s Voyageur Harp #68851
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    ….That was lovely! and I have never heard a Music Maker’s Harp before, and the tone on this one was beautiful….well done!

    in reply to: Caption This #108738
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    ……“I’m strung out and “McFall-ing” for you…….

    in reply to: What do you all use for harp seats? #74237
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Carol,

    I just bought a Quik-Lok Keyboard Bench from Sam Ash Music Store (not sure you have this music store chain in your area) for $50.00, but I’m sure other music stores would also sell this brand….It’s very well-padded, and well built, which I like, has four adjustable positions, which is great for me, since I just bought another (Triplett) harp that stands only 50in. high..And it collapses very easily, and can be hung on a harp dolly for transporting……Good Luck in (all) your searching!

    Gloria

    in reply to: What music to buy? #159743
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Anything by Suzanne Guldimann:

    in reply to: harp cases #74722
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Try checking with Four Seasons Harp Covers (located in Colorado)
    http://www.harpcovers.com/index.html

    in reply to: troubadour harp too big? #75697
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    My friend has a Troubadour IV, and I’ve played it, and carried it…the tone is very beautiful! but it is heavy for a lever harp, I think around 38 pounds, and I found it a bit cumbersome to move, (I’m 5’5).

    in reply to: Ancient Harp Music Discovered #109194
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    That was fascinating! Thanks for sharing..can’t wait to view the video…

    in reply to: Practice hour #160205
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I practice one hour, that’s it for me….

    in reply to: Lap Harp with Retractable Cello Peg #75834
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi, I have a Dusty Strings Ravenna 26, with the retractable leg, and I’ve never heard it rattle at all during playing, and the drop down leg has never gotten stuck

    in reply to: Fake Books #160254
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Deborah,

    I also have the Celtic Fake Book and it was the “best” investment I ever made in a music book! hardly any “lever flipping” within songs, and they are mostly in the keys of “G” and “D”…..I’ve used this book over and over again, and have gotten many compliments on the songs…..

    in reply to: Dusty Strings Ravenna 26 #75861
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Cassie, Congratulations on your Ravenna purchase!

    in reply to: Harp Technique for females? #85765
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes, and you can actually see her playing this way (quite nicely) in a few videos on YouTube.

    in reply to: “Harpers do it…” #160664
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    “Harpers do it with”……Leverage….

    in reply to: repertoire #161340
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Geri,

    If you can play lead sheets, check out O’Neill’s Music of Ireland, 1850 free celtic tunes in lead sheet form, (there might be a few with bass clef also, and a few O’Carolan tunes are included also).

    in reply to: Members #110188
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I am also more a “lurker” than poster, but glean so much valuable information from this forum on a daily basis….love it!!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 168 total)