harpglo-jean

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Camps or competitions for young lever harpers? #85202
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    What about the University of Redlands Harp Camp? It’s scheduled for July 26-31st. The link is:

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    FY.I., Also, on the http://www.scotlandsmusic.com site are a few “free” downloads, including free sheet music, in lead sheet form of some very nice Scottish tunes….

    in reply to: Harpists in Santa Barbara? #149036
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Adrianna,

    There is a pedal/lever harpist located in Santa Barbara by the name of Laurie Rasmussen http://www.laurierasmussen.com…It looks like she rents out harps, but not sure she has a pedal harp for rent, but you might want to contact her to find out….good luck!

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Holly, we felt the quake yesterday too, our 1938 house creaked and shook, even though we’re about five hours away from the epicenter in Baja, but, very scary indeed!, You never get used to them, ever!.

    I have two of my lever harps secured (or I’d like to think so) under my staircase, and a third, medium size harp, is in my dining room wedged between a chair, heavy bench and a heavy music stand, and the harps were okay, except my Ravenna 26 popped an, “E” string right after the quake, weird!.

    in reply to: Ravenna 26 or FH 26? #155183
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Yes, I would…the tone is not plinky, and has alot of depth, and projects very well on both the 36 string Infinity, and the Delight.

    in reply to: Ravenna 26 or FH 26? #155181
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Jerusha, for portability, you should check out Dave Woodworth’s (Heartland Harps) new 36 string carbon fiber harp, The Infinity, which only weighs 8lbs. and stands 43in. high, (you can wear it with a strap).

    in reply to: Ravenna 26 or FH 26? #155179
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Jerusha,

    I have heard a difference in tone between a Dusty FH26 in walnut, and one in koa..The koa wood projected more, and had a much brighter tone, whereas the FH26 in walnut was more mellow….I’m assuming the Bubinga would be similar to the koa, but not sure..

    Gloria

    in reply to: Fascinating traditional harp video on YouTube #159301
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Wow! thanks for sharing this “History of the Harp” YouTube series…very interesting and informational! will share it with my harp rings…Thanks Audrey!

    Gloria

    in reply to: Not Enough Strings #159370
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Also, Suzanne Guldimann’s music books are written specifically for small/lap harp.

    in reply to: Can anyone identify this tune? #108447
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Okay, I’ll take a stab at it…..the tune sounds (to my ears), like O’Carolan’s Planxty Irwin.…at least the beginning does….

    in reply to: syllables for counting #84149
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    These are great!!! really struggle with this all the time, and all I had was “straw-ber-ry” for a triplett, so the other words will help!

    Thanks,

    Gloria

    in reply to: syllables for counting #84862
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    These are great!!! really struggle with this all the time, and all I had was “straw-ber-ry” for a triplett, so the other words will help!

    Thanks,

    Gloria

    in reply to: syllables for counting #85372
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    These are great!!! really struggle with this all the time, and all I had was “straw-ber-ry” for a triplett, so the other words will help!

    Thanks,

    Gloria

    in reply to: Wurlitzer for sale on Ebay #74826
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Looks like Serial No. 1312 to me…..

    in reply to: We can help a fellow harpist win an award!!! #150916
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Voila!..voted too….Hope he wins!

    Gloria

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 168 total)