harpcolumn

harp cases

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories harp cases

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    joan-fitch
    Participant

Who makes soft sided carrying cases for lever harps? I have ordered an Andrew Thom harp and will need a case that fits the Olwen design.

Thanks,

Joan

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Try checking with Four Seasons Harp Covers (located in Colorado)
    http://www.harpcovers.com/index.html

I think Colorado Case Co. makes soft cases as well as the hard cases.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Also check out Coon Hollow:

http://www.coonhollowcanvas.com/musicalinstrumentcases.html

Don’t have personal knowledge of them, but I think they exhibited at Big Sky last summer.

lisa-kikol
    Participant

I made my own soft case for my Elf (Andrew Thom harp).

…but I did want to share how much I love my little harp. I have a couple of harps and when I sit down to play — most times I prefer my Thom harp over my pedal harp.

Hope your new Thom harp brings you as much joy as mine has for me.

Janice Hunter
    Participant

I think that the case that came with my Fisher Eireann is a Coon Hollow case.

Larry Fisher delivered my harp on his way to Somerset and the case is really nice and quite pretty.

ruth-harper
    Participant

I had a harp case made by Coon Hollow and its fantastic.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Janice and Ruth, I have a question for you: what do they use for the reinforcing material on the inside of the case? Their website makes it sound like it’s the same as the exterior material.

Janice Hunter
    Participant

I just went upstairs to the closet and checked my case and it is a Coon Hollow case.

The inside of mine is lined with soft black corduroy and has the maroon cordura sewn on both sides, at the top, where the levers and tuning pins are.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Thanks, Janice. The cordura isn’t scratchy on the wood? I was wondering about that.

Janice Hunter
    Participant

I think that the tuning pins and levers would hold the cordura away from the wood of the harp but it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to drape something like soft flannel or velour over the top of the harp before putting it in the case.

I was thinking that I could make a cover just for the top of the harp for that reason.

Anyone have a Cronkhite case and what can you tell me about it?

Thanks,

Janice

ruth-harper
    Participant

Barbara – I spoke with

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Glenn Cronkhite’s are very good – I’ve got one of his keyboard cases and have recently seen three different custom harp cases, all of which are excellent quality. I will be ordering one (possibly two) of them soon for my own harp(s). (I don’t think the picture at the top of the page really does them justice, BTW.)

http://www.glenncronkhite.com/

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

Did you get a case

ruth-harper
    Participant

Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies