What music to buy?

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

Emma Preuss on #159739

Hello lovely people.

I really want to buy some new music but there are a lot of books out there and I don’t really know where to begin. I’ve got a 34 string celtic harp and to be honest I’m not that advanced yet. I’ve been playing for a few months now and would like a bit of a challenge while still being attainable.

At the moment all I own is a Betty Paret beginner book and some music from my teacher. I find it repetetive learning songs that feel like exercises and would like something a little more interesting but still within my range.

So any recommendations?

cheers guys,

Em

Participant
    brook-boddie on #159740

Em,

I’d recommend anything by Meg Robinson.

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #159741

“Falling Snow” by Meg Robinson

“Angel’s Hymn” by Rhett Barnwell

Both Christmas books by Darhon Rees-Rohrbacher

Deborah Friou’s early music book.

“The Three Ravens” book

Briggsie

Participant
    Karen Johns on #159742

Hi Emma,

What type of music do you like? Celtic, classical, pop, new age, etc.? There are a lot of excellent music books out there for beginners, I really liked Sylvia Woods Teach Yourself book as it progresses rather quickly and most of the songs were of a Celtic nature. I also like Pamela Bruner’s Midsummer Meadow book.

Karen

Participant
    harpglo-jean on #159743

Anything by Suzanne Guldimann:

jennifer-buehler on #159744

Any of the multi-level Sylvia Woods books.

Emma Preuss on #159745

Sorry for the slow reply. I’ve got gremlins in my internet!

Wow thank you! SO many suggestions!
    Music-wise, I’m fairly open. to different things. If I like a song then I like it regardless of genre.

Sylvia Wood seems to have come up a lot so I think I’ll start by investigating there. When I have more reliable internet again I’m going to have a look through all these titles.

thanks again

Em

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.