harpglo-jean

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: If you happen to be in Ireland (or in the same time zone)… #161780
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Very nice harp playing! (I wanted to hear more!!) and the tone on Ravenna sounded really good! I have one too, and sometimes forget how nice the tone is for a small harp….That was an interesting show, and the musical sessions were wonderful!…sure wish I knew more Irish to understand what they were saying though…

    Gloria

    in reply to: My New Harp #110540
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Beautiful harp!!!! Wow, love the ebony color, and the, it looks like a floral design on the soundboard, really adds to it also..congratulations!

    in reply to: America’s Got Talent Tonite #110718
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    They’re awesome!..caught them on last week’s show and loved their version of Rihanna’s “Umbrella” song…hope they keep going, and don’t get knocked off..

    in reply to: Help! I’m really trying to learn! #162825
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Brilliant!! you’ve done it again!

    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I really like Suzanne Guldimann’s books, (The King’s Delight, my favorite)…Her music is very simply arranged, easy to play, and sounds beautiful. I still use quite a few of her tunes in my repertoire.

    in reply to: A better poet than harper #162888
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    …..simply beautiful!…love the last stanza….says it all for me…don’t delay your joy!…

    Slainte,
    gloria


    in reply to: Is it my ISP or…? #110874
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Me too…very frustrating…but I just go back and forth until I’m on..

    Gloria

    in reply to: Dvds/Videos #161690
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Carian, not familiar with those two CDs/books, but I’ve heard great things about the Sylvia Woods’ DVD, “Teach Yourself to Play the Folk Harp”…I have the music book to that, and it’s terrific!…you might want to check out ebay for the DVD, or Amazon.com…or Sylvia Woods’ Harp Center, harpcenter.com, has them for, I think $64.00?..

    Cheers,

    Gloria


    in reply to: Would like Wire guidance #162788
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Ta failte romhat y con mucho gusto Liam…sounds great!, I’m sure she will help you out with all that you need for the wire strung harp…I also hope to add a wire strung eventually, but only after I become more proficient on the (nylon) harps that I have..I know there’s quite a bit of “damping” involved with wire and not ready for that yet…

    Slainte agus Saol agat,

    Gloria

    in reply to: Would like Wire guidance #162786
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Liam, you should check out two time professional U.S. Nat’l Scottish Harp Champion, Cynthia Cathcart on YouTube.com..Ardival is her harp of choice, (as it would be mine as well, lovely sound)….She even has instructional videos on how to properly play a wire strung onYouTube….my favorite tune of hers is “Chanter’s Tune”….

    Slainte,
    Gloria

    in reply to: Sheet music for Carolan’s Dream #162881
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    “Celtic Harp Solos” (for easy to intermediate) by Kim Robertson has this tune contained in it…Sylvia Woods’ carries this book for $14.95, and I’m sure quite a few others do too, (e.g. Melodys Traditional Harp Shoppe, or Amazon.com might even have this book)…beautiful tune…

    in reply to: Sylvia Woods store is moving #110566
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    I’m very saddened too that Sylvia’s Glendale store is closing …I only live about 40 minutes away from it (on a slow traffic day) and absolutely loved going up there and trying out all of the different harps, and perusing all the different music book selections and harp-related goodies…..What I’m really sorry about

    in reply to: THe Perfect Harp Car #145272
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Emily,

    Thanks for that tip…I may try one more time to get my Dusty into the Camry, but, I have pretty much tried every which way of positioning it, to no avail….couldn’t close the car doors at all, and that center console that extends slightly into the back seat area seems to be preventing it also… ..At this point, it’s just so much easier to slide the harp, and all my other gear right into the back of the Explorer and take off….

    Thanks again,

    Gloria

    in reply to: You Tube #104171
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    Hi Jerusha,

    No, it was my Toyota Camry….can’t get that harp in there at all …I pretty much just use my husband’s Explorer now, which I can fit everything into, so that’s okay..

    Glad you enjoyed those video clips…I love the sound of that Daphne 44 too!! would love to get one, if I could just figure out a way to win the lotto..(hee-hee)…

    Have a great day!

    Gloria


    in reply to: finger length #86796
    harpglo-jean
    Participant

    The fingers on my right hand are exactly like yours Saul, but on my left, my no. 3 & 4 fingers are the same length….wow, didn’t realize that..hmmmmm..

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 168 total)