Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
David Ice
MemberContact me at harpdude@cox.net and I’ll send you a MP3 of Gail playing “Tea for Two.”
Dave Ice
David Ice
MemberWell, Karma will get them.
David Ice
MemberI recently had a very awkward situation, and it turned out the bride was TOTALLY dishonest.
May 19, 2012 at 6:45 pm in reply to: how do you handle interruptions graciously while playing #144870David Ice
MemberAnother answer is to ask, “Are you willing to accept liability for damage to my 4$30,000 instrument in the event of damage?
David Ice
MemberThe scores might be quite hard to track down, especially since the Goldwyn studio is no more, per se.
May 18, 2012 at 1:56 am in reply to: how do you handle interruptions graciously while playing #144868David Ice
MemberMaybe it’s because we make it look easy!!
May 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm in reply to: how do you handle interruptions graciously while playing #144866David Ice
MemberThe most astounding “interruption” I’ve ever had was a young father who brought his toddler over to the harp while I was playing.
David Ice
MemberWow….that’s a great story!
David Ice
MemberJean Sutton is still there…she’s who I spoke with.
David Ice
MemberI’ve done an arrangement that will hopefully be published if I can get the clearances….it’s been very popular at weddings.
David Ice
MemberI once got the “tour book” for A CHORUS LINE, and God Bless whoever came before me, because they wrote in RED INK (!!!) “Please do not erase any of these markings.
David Ice
MemberWelcome to the club, Elizabeth.
April 25, 2012 at 11:59 am in reply to: difficult part in contemporary piece by Philip Lasser #146179David Ice
MemberOn many occasions I’ve had to “decompose” a harp part via Sibelius software, completely rewriting it to get it playable.
April 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Easter Eggs aren’t the only thing that’s going to crack…. #103816David Ice
MemberThey meant follow the piano rhythm and chording….which is a little difficult to do with a rock/pop rhythm that isn’t notated and without a clear chord chart!
David Ice
MemberLove it!
-
AuthorPosts