harpcolumn

Wedding Harpists using Groupon

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Wedding Harpists using Groupon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Has anyone seen or heard of harpists offering their services via Groupon for huge discounts?

David Ice
    Participant

I haven’t seen that, but I’ve been approached about listing for a “last minute bargain” rate with a website.

Jessica A
    Participant

Rather than discount a sudden wedding, it would make

Sylvia Clark

It actually happened!

Rhoda C.

If you get the chance, Google “groupon harp” and see what turns up.

Jessica A
    Participant

I googled it.

Wait….wait…..wait…..most of those retirement centers are very serious money-making corporations. Most can WELL afford to pay for the entertainment.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

I might be able to see taking slightly (but only slightly) less pay for something very last minute, but I can’t understand soliciting for cut-rate work. What do these harpists do if they get a later offer for full pay? They’re already committed to the cheap job. Do they cancel? That’s not nice. Why would anyone deliberately drive the pricing down? Makes no sense.

Rhoda C.

I found out not long ago that the harpist DID cancel on the bride, eight weeks before the wedding.

David Ice
    Participant

I recently had a very awkward situation, and it turned out the bride was TOTALLY dishonest.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hmm – sounds like one I did about 5 years ago – a last minute outdoor wedding at a local classy hotel here in San Antonio – I was booked by the bride two days before over the phone on a referral from the hotel which got my name from a contractor here – I did the wedding without a contract since I had done work for this hotel and staff before – Brides’ father gave me a check on a Dallas bank after the wedding after I tracked him down – 7 days later the check bounced, and the lady at the hotel said she would collect for me – then it turned out that these folks had stiffed the hotel for the wedding and reception for everything over the initial credit card deposit – they were all from Dallas, and subsequently totally disappeared – it ended up that no one got their money – I’ve always wondered which mafia they were all from – LOL – fortunately I’ve only been stiffed twice like that in almost 40 years – the other one was for a reception at the most exclusive club here in San Antonio – they were also from out of town and disappeared afterward – kind of makes you wonder just how some of these folks come by their brass balls – – – – –

David Ice
    Participant

Well, Karma will get them.

onita-sanders
    Participant

I had two similar experiences. Fortunately my brother is an attorney. Was able to get my monies after he threaten them with a lawsuit for writing a bad check over state lines. I always make a copy of their deposit check over their sign contract. Keep a copy of and return a copy to them as their receipt. End of problem.

Onita Sanders

robin roys

I hate last minute gigs because I am never sure I will get paid!

If they want to DELIVER cold Cash to me the day before the wedding, I’d do it but otherwise, it’s a HUGE risk.

I also wonder if the bride has stiffed another harpist or other musician?

Too many risks.

Robin Roys

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.