Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
David Ice
MemberI’ve had similar things, once even breaking before I brought it up to pitch.
David Ice
MemberI was playing at hospice. A woman approached me and asked me if I could play
CLAIR DE LUNE. She explained that was the song she came down the aisle to at her
wedding….and she and her husband had just celebrated their 50th wedding
anniversary yesterday. But he was diagnosed with terminal cancer a week ago, and
only had a few days left–it was very fast moving and virulent.I was so
happy to be able to tell her “Yes, absolutely, I will play CLAIR DE LUNE for
you”…and played it perhaps the best I’d ever played it, ever. The two of them
just sat there, holding hands, with tears streaming down their
faces.That one moment made all the blood, sweat, tears, and years of
work and effort on the harp worthwhile, to be able to grant that wish to them.
I’ve never forgotten them, and I still tear up thinking about them.David Ice
MemberThat is very true……
I once played a wedding mass where the older (and sleepy) priest accidentally started the wrong mass!
He started a FUNERAL mass!
He opened with “I am the Resurrection and the Life”….”ashes to ashes, dust to dust” before he realized he was on the wrong page!
David Ice
MemberIt sounds like a total scam…..and “John Holmes” is the name of the notorious porn star whose life was fictionalized into critially acclaimed
David Ice
MemberOnita and Sylvia, I agree with both of you.
David Ice
Memberoops, typo.
David Ice
MemberRobin, in October I will be filming multiple seminars with the CEOs and Marketing Directors of THE KNOW.
David Ice
MemberI know this is an older thread, but I’m about to make the jump to an iPad 3 for gigs.
David Ice
MemberThat’s brilliant!
David Ice
MemberI thought there was a cadenza-ish section in it…..and I thought it was still under copyright (rental only) so I’m glad to know I can get the part ahead of time!
David Ice
MemberYES I did send the letter to the publisher…a physical hard copy by US Mail.
David Ice
MemberLOVE THESE!
David Ice
MemberBrilliantly put!!!
David Ice
MemberHi Susan,
That’s such a perfect story!
June 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm in reply to: I would really love to play the harp, but I’m 24. Is that too late? #155036David Ice
MemberI was 23 when I started……and I’m now playing professionally, both solo gigs
-
AuthorPosts