Christian Frederick

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp in Orlando #104378
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    …. I wish these events were on Fridays or Saturdays. I would have to take a day off from work to go on a Sunday….

    in reply to: Want a REAL heart attack? #104329
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    oh lord… that really is something! I wonder what happens when the wind blows?

    in reply to: Salzedo’s fixation on the number 5. #146908
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    …interesting thread. So, kind of similar many of us are attracted to a certain number, especially with music. As I’ve matured as a musician, I’m always looking for and focused on “9”. I’m always looking for a place to put a 9th in the harmony, even without the 7th…. very often a 9th off in space….

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105710
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Even though this subject is not totally harp-related, I find the entire subject fascinating, especially explained by Carl and Laura. It helps me explore my life experiences with these kind of personality traits…. from family, neighbors, coworkers, etc.

    Laura’s comment “This is especially aggregious when they involve religion in their sanctimonious and self-righteous behavior” is especially meaningful to me, which explains why I now choose to love my only sibling “from a distance”.

    One of the nice things I’ve learned is life is ultimately about choices, and we can choose to let these people destroy us, or we can totally ignore their behavior.

    I have a theory that God plants these people, usually singular, one by one in our lives. There’s usually one in the neighborhood, they come and go in the workplace, there’s always one in your place of worship, and there can also be a few floating around the harp community…

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105700
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Carl, I wish there was a

    in reply to: SOME PEOPLE!!!! #105658
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    I would love to hear you tell this story in person, as you are a wonderful storyteller.

    I got a good chuckle reading this.

    in reply to: American Idol #106177
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Was that Stephanie last night? I still haven’t watched it but will in a few days….

    in reply to: Cracked Neck #72211
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Oh my! That’s more than a bandage. So sorry…..

    in reply to: another harp sighting – #106584
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Wow… that’s really cool!

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72496
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    I can assume that a carbon fiber harp would improve the tuning stability of a harp. That would be great! I’ve heard a carbon fiber violin and the sound was absolutely beautiful!

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72469
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    like

    in reply to: anyone else find a patterned carpet offputting? #105297
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    I can remember at the beginning of playing harp in the 1980s a patterned carpet would drive me absolutely nuts. As time went on, I choose not to let the patterns distract me. Just last week I bought a rug for my music room of an animal print, and I don’t even notice it when I play the harp. So like with all things in life, we can choose to overcome obstacles in a positive way…..

    in reply to: Wings To Fly ~ Susan Boyle #107353
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Patricia…. thank you. I guess I could do that, but I’m lazy. I might do that in the morning when I am recharged. Hope to see you in Vancouver this summer!

    in reply to: Background music gigs, w or w/o music? #148903
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Barbara… that would be a good topic for the hard copy of Harp Column…

    in reply to: Background music gigs, w or w/o music? #148896
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

    Barbara… up until this point I was considering buying one of those music readers… but since the iPad, that sounds like a better idea. So after reading this, and since I’m a MacBook Pro – iPhone guy, iPad sounds like the way to go with apps! Thank you…..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 182 total)