harpcolumn

Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    shelby-m
    Participant

I had signed up for the Heartland Harps newsletter a while ago and found this in my inbox last week…. some of you may want to have a box of tissues handy.

Hi, Shelby,

Happy New Year!

kreig-kitts

That’s quite a bold move.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

What a shame! I love that Vesta, but unfortunately it only goes down to the E, two notes too few.

I have no interest in any instrument that isn’t made

kreig-kitts

We’re not going there again: carbon fiber is not the same as plastic. Repeat on the chalkboard 100 times after school…

Karen Johns
    Participant

Well, it looks like I’ve got one of the last wood Dragonhearts ever built then. I too seen this email, and the last time I spoke with Dave, he had many orders for the CF harps. The only other harpmaker I know that offers CF in their harps is Andrew Thom, but they are not entirely made of this material. So you could say that Heartland is the only harpmaker in the world that makes harps entirely of carbon fibre. If I had the money I’d be buying the Infinity myself- what a great travel harp it would make!

Let the dust settle a little on this newsbreak though- once Dave gets caught up and/or finds help (?) building these, it may be possible to request a custom wood harp. It’s not like he’s going to forget how to build them, you know. You could always give him a call and ask.

Karen

barbara-kraichy–2
    Participant

Hello Dave and Pamela,

Christian Frederick
    Participant

shelby-m
    Participant

Barbara Kraichy:
    I don’t think Dave or Pamela are on this forum… I just copied and pasted an email newsletter I’d received them.

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Okay, so now I’m wondering if there will ever be carbon fiber pedal harps??

rod-wagoner
    Participant

But is a carbon fibre pedal harp needed?

diana-day
    Participant

—-“But is a carbon fiber pedal harp needed?”

Gosh, yes. Think of all the harpists

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Amen! that was exactly the reason I asked….

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

8 years later there are only some of the old one who remember the sound of wood harps. Sound becomes

rod-wagoner
    Participant

Diana and Gloria,

Yes, I see that point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies