Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75643

    I think many people will say the same thing about teaching…..anyone with competence in their subject area can do it…NOT……

    And haven’t we all heard church musicians who would be better off staying home? But they can do it without the education….and there are people who can direct choirs without the education too…..and then there are people who can play the harp without the proper instruction…..

    ….and where does it end? There is a reason for becoming educated in something that offers an education.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Height for L&H Ogden Music Stand #160281

    I had the same problem with my Webster harp. I had a beautiful wooden stand with a lyre on it…loved it, but it stood on three elevated legs and it would just not go low enough — especially for use at the Webster, but even for the Camac pedal harp. My husband modified it with a new base of cross-piece wood that he stained to match. I wanted a nice wooden stand for the Camac, and I found this one: Conservatory Stand

    in reply to: Divas #109277

    Amen, Tony. As someone with a master’s in vocal performance who has done some opera performing, I can’t agree with you more. I was taught that a true diva is a singer with responsibilities and grace and not someone who made life miserable for others. It was a title earned, and something to be proud of. This “diva” slapped onto every screeching little witch irritates me.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: lever harp dilema #75915

    Call Bill Webster, (google Webster Strings) and talk to him. He will put you on to some owners who have his harps. His harps are great, well built, beautiful sounding and he stands behind them. And they are VERY affordable. Check them out.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Harp-friendly neightbours, NOT! #109244

    Some people are so miserable. Why do they have to blast into other peoples’ lives like that? Harp music, played during the day or evening is not disruptive to anyone’s life. That is totally ridiculous. I say fie on them. They can live with it. Tell them to get some Skull Candy noise reduction earbuds and an iPod and play some loud Jimi Hendrix if they don’t like listening to the harp. I want to tell them something else, but will keep that to myself. How ridiculous!!

    Briggsie

    in reply to: New harp pictures #109206

    Just beautiful! Wishing you many long years together.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: ZING? #109286

    Muffle the E strings in a hot second and let go, then move the pedal back to natural….do the same….and back to flat.

    in reply to: Pictures – HELP! #109288

    First you have to upload them somewhere. I use Photobucket.com. That site provides links for posting photos. After you upload it, under the pick you will see various options for links. Choose the email one (I think) and then it will be copied into your clipboard. Then start a message here, and click on Add Image – a little picture at the top of the message box that looks like a triangle with two blue dots. A window comes up and you can right click and paste the url into the box. You should see your picture on the post then before you send it. If you don’t….let me know.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Harp for Music Thanatology #75632

    Google is your friend. So is Bing.

    in reply to: ZING? #109283

    It could be that a note which is still ringing is being affected by the pedal change. Example…..you just played an F, it’s still ringing, and you push down the F pedal. Most pedal harp

    in reply to: Webster Harps #160336

    Yep…that’s Bill’s shop alright….and I swear I see my business card on the wall….That harp is absolutely stunning. Look at the glorious gilding on it…..and that beautiful walnut. What I like about Bill’s harps are the feet. They all have the same feet, and those feet are just dear to me….they are cute.

    You must be going crazy…..How long until you get it?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151793

    These big clips work well. I have a pair.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #103665

    If someone doesn’t transcribe and publish that piece for harp that Mr. Laughton plays before I kick the bucket, I’ll come back and haunt every harp in every room in every country for all eternity. 🙂

    in reply to: You Tube #104233

    As an organist (turned harpist) who played this on organ on my freshman jury, I will completely agree with you on this Carl. It just does not work on the harp.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: You know you’re a harp addict… #109044

    The biggest fear you have when your Outback wagon is dying is how you will ever find the right car again for your harps. You stay up nights looking online for the right replacement car.

    You never buy a pair of heels without first checking to see if they will work at the harp…..the soles aren’t too slippery.

    You stop wearing bracelets and rings.

    Even your optometrist knows you are a harpist….as well as your doctor, your physical therapist, your chiropractor and your massage therapist.

    Briggsie

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 717 total)