Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109311

    Kay, I can sooooooooo relate to the tears. Isn’t it wonderful to hear your own harp as a listener instead of a player? I had to wait a bit for that, but finally I had an opportunity to take it to my teacher’s house. She played it, and OMG…..it sounded so WONDERFUL to me.

    Many many many years of beautiful music between you two…..you and your new beautiful harp.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109303

    Kay’s not going to be back now….just watch. She’s stuck behind the harp and will stay there until when she gets up, she’s going to be permanently shaped with her knees pointing outward and will be walking like a cowboy for awhile….HAHAHAHAHA…..

    Hey Kay…..when you finally get back here, can we see some pictures?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109298

    WoooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It’s here!!! It’s really really here!!!!!!!!

    I STILL go past my harp many times/day and often reach out and give it a pat. 🙂

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Merlin R harp vs Marion StoneyEnd #70855

    Yep! I played French horn with them for all the years they existed. When they disbanded I sold the horn. Dave is kind of a buddy of mine. We go to the same gym and have lots of shared conversations since we are both music teachers. In fact, I helped conduct at rehearsals occasionally, and Beth is a friend of mine.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Update #109353

    Kay, for what it’s worth….I had a good friend sit with me during the day my Camac was being delivered. He stayed for a few hours before the harp arrived. When it did, he convinced the driver to dolly it into the house for us, which he did. Normally they just want to drop it at the curb and it is up to you to get it in, from what he told us. We begged nicely. My friend helped me unpack it. You really will want someone to help you…..call a buddy???

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Merlin R harp vs Marion StoneyEnd #70849

    Karen, did you play your flute in the Anchor Bay Community Band?

    Briggsie

    in reply to: smokers #151853

    Misty, I agree with you, and I understand your question. If I were you, I’d put it in my contract that I would not tolerate being within a certain number of feet of a smoker, and that if you are confronted with this, you will need to move quickly. Some people really have serious health issues with smoke. I am one of them. I notice others on this thread are too, and for us, it’s not a question of “will we.” It is a matter of “we are unable.” There are some situations which are intolerable for whatever reasons….heart problems, asthma, allergies or whatever. It’s not as if we can escape it when we are situated at the harp playing a gig.

    in reply to: smokers #151850

    I was playing at a Renaissance faire last summer, and when people would come up and stand there with a cigarette, no matter whether I was in the middle of something or not, I would just stop. If they wanted to chat, I would have to excuse myself and walk away. Sorry if that is unprofessional or if they deserve to be indulged, but my body can’t take it, and there was no contract from either side on this gig. I can’t tolerate it, so it was either do that or be transported via ambulance to an E.R. for breathing treatments. I do just fine until someone blows that vile stench in my face.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Grand harpsicle / supersicle #73394

    I played a harpsicle lap harp once. The tension was so loose that it felt like a 2-year old could play it. That drove me crazy. Not sure if the grand is like that too, but I suspect it is.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Update #109328

    Well congratulations, Kay. I hope you and your new E have a wonderful life together.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102403

    Easy to make, Karen. It just takes some time.

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102399

    Not my cup of tea, but I know a lot of people like the pretty/wood type harps. I think that’s why the Arianna is so popular. I like the gold harps on that website….woohooooo! I wish he would post prices.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Which Pedal Harp to buy!? #71724

    Helen,

    You really did get a good deal. Did you buy it directly from Camac Harps? Times change, and products change, and I seriously don’t think anyone can do better than a well-made Camac harp. I think they are getting better and better, too. I am away from home and have been for over a week now. I brought my Webster lever harp along with me, but I can just not wait to get back to my Camac. I miss it so much!

    BTW, you can regulate the Camacs yourself with the gadget they give you, but it’s also a good idea to have

    in reply to: Webster 18th Century #75461

    I’m sorry I don’t, Ben. I can make one when I get home next week. This week I’m traveling and visiting family in Delaware — and the Cecelia is here. In fact, tonight a visiting niece with a 1-year old put the baby to bed and he didn’t want to sleep. She sat with him for a short while as I played the Cecelia in the next room and he gently nodded off to dreamland and stayed tightly asleep. 🙂

    When I get back to Michigan next week, I’ll make a clip and put it on my website.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Webster 18th Century #75456

    I have never played a Webster harp that didn’t sound wonderful. I have tried many different models. You really can’t go wrong. His harps have great big soundboards which makes the sound carry quite well, and I just love the tone of my own Cecelia. Also he is a very honest businessman.

    Briggsie

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 717 total)