harpcolumn

Webster Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Webster Harps

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Guess you’ll have to figure out an alternative then.

Indra Prabowo
    Participant

I believe Virginia Harp Center has both a used Webster 18th Century and a Prelude for sale at this time. Maybe you can call them for opinion.

Bowie

Patti Newson
    Participant

OH!

jennifer-byrne
    Participant

Hmm.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Ben!!!

Bill Webster’s workshop is just a couple of miles from where I live. When I was making my decision between the McFall and the Cecilia, he “borrowed” a McFall he had made for someone, and brought in his Cecila. I had the chance to try both, side by side.

I’m no expert, but as far as playing, they “felt” the same, or nearly so. As far as the sound (keeping in mind that the McFall was newer than the Cecilia) I found the Cecilia to be brighter, and the McFall to be warmer. It’s almost a male-female difference, if that makes any sense. It’s not higher vs. lower, but bright vs. warm. And it’s not a big differect between the two at all.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

On more thing – I also had a Prelude before I got my Style 85. If I recall correctly the McFall rings longer than the Prelude. The big advantage to the McFall is that I can carry it myself. I couldn’t handle the Prelude by myself, but then – I’m a girl…and an old girl at that!

Patti Newson
    Participant

Pat, thank you for your great responses.

Chris Asmann
    Participant

Great for you Jennifer!

The waiting must be tough, but nice to know your harp is being made just for you.

I hope we can count on some pictures and a full report when

jennifer-byrne
    Participant

Oh, yes – there will be photos!

jennifer-byrne
    Participant

Here is where there are pictures of my (yet unstrung) new harp!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Congratulations, Jennifer! I hope you love the sound just as much as the look. 🙂

When is it supposed to be done?

kay-lister

Jennifer,

CONGRATULATIONS!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Kay, what are you doing here? Why aren’t you busy making blisters? 🙂

Yep…that’s Bill’s shop alright….and I swear I see my business card on the wall….That harp is absolutely stunning. Look at the glorious gilding on it…..and that beautiful walnut. What I like about Bill’s harps are the feet. They all have the same feet, and those feet are just dear to me….they are cute.

You must be going crazy…..How long until you get it?

Briggsie

kay-lister

Barbara – LOL, believe me I am working HARD on the blister building!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.