unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Camac Troubadour lever harp #69669
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for answering. )

    And can you share with some records from of the gut strings?

    in reply to: Harp camps?? #166687
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’ll second the recommendation for Pacific Harp Institute.

    in reply to: Chaconne by ??? #162360
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Also, a song is something you sing. A chaconne is a piece/selection/composition/musical form. If a song

    doesn’t have lyrics/words/text it is most typically called

    in reply to: Chaconne by ??? #162358
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I played this for Abrsm grade 3 back in the day, and it is by Jeremiah Clarke, hope this helps

    in reply to: aoyama pedal harps #159864
    unknown-user
    Participant

    They have been making harps for over a century

    in reply to: aoyama pedal harps #159863
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Am I mistaken or is there a reference in Dr. Rensch’s most recent book to the Aoyama company being in the instrument business for many years?

    in reply to: Harp Dog #162331
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have two Pugs, Sid and Tallulah. Sid sits on my lap when I play the harp which is fine until he falls asleep and leans against it, and Tallulah sits on my foot – looking very put out when i start pedalling. 😀 also if i play the bass notes, Sid puts his foot on the soundboard after I did it to him when he was a puppy. haha

    in reply to: aoyama pedal harps #159862
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Aoyama used to be not very good harps, but they have recently inproved dramatically. They also vary so much in sound; my Aotama custom monarch sounds amazing, but i have played other aoyama pedal harps which sound awful! There is just more variation in aoyama harps than in salvi or L&H.

    in reply to: Small hands and feet: please help #162369
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My hands are the same size and i have found that practicing large stretches for about 10 mins a day really helps because your fingers get used to stretching that far, i also out in the 2nd and 3rd fingers after it is comfortable enough… also squeezing a stress ball helped, but i have no idea why, one of my teachers recommended it to me.

    in reply to: Tone problem with rough fingertip #162373
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks for the help, Sid!

    Hannah

    in reply to: Camac Troubadour lever harp #69663
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If anyone have some information or wants to

    in reply to: Really, am I nuts? #162341
    unknown-user
    Participant

    re the walking part – a couple of times over the years I have had to get to jobs during the Christmas season in downtown San Antonio riverwalk area which is notorious for lack of parking even on a good day – I have had to park as far away as 10 blocks and walk the harp to the job – it’s exhausting and time consuming but certainly possible in an emergency – the long walk

    in reply to: Thoughts on Swanson Harps #74851
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for the correction on this! Both of them – the Horngacher and yours – BEAUTIFUL harps!

    in reply to: Thoughts on Swanson Harps #74849
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Mr Swanson – is this one of your harps? I think it is! I apologize profusely if I’m mistaken… Kind regards William

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCIGUBub-4

    in reply to: You Tube #104218
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This is one of my fav. Masters of the Celtic Harp. I wish they would come and perform here!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-NnQVW_wmI

    Can someone identify the first tune for me? When I heard it for the first time, my hair on my arms all stood up, it’s so beautiful.

    Isabelle Moretti just performed over the weekend in my country.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 5,570 total)