harpcolumn

Harp Dog

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp Dog

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen Clark
    Participant

Oh, and you can tell we’re still juuuust moving in — must get to work
    on those bookcases.

Kathleen, that is a beautiful place you have, and I like the way your harp looks with that stand. Now to a doggie story….but not a harp lesson. I teach private voice. I got Briggsie my new beagle mix babe in February. He is now a year old, and he is beginning to get used to having a happy home and parents who love him. My voice student showed up Wednesday for her lesson. Briggsie hadn’t seen her in a couple of weeks, and he was so excited….running, jumping….silliness, and I said, “Briggs! Settle or you will need to go in your CRATE!” His ears went back, his eyes bugged out, and he immediately lay down and fell asleep at my student’s feet. (She loves dogs.)

June

I wanted to attached a pic of Briggsie but was at work and couldn’t do it from there. Here he is. He was abused and was removed from the abusive home. It took awhile, but he is a really happy guy now.

dtastay2.jpg

Kathleen Clark
    Participant

June, Briggsie looks so dapper and comfy beside your harp! Thanks so
    much for posting, what a charmer. Found out our little bird is a wren.
    Consensus is that I should call her Marguerite after Hasselmans’
    “Fileuse: Marguerite et Rouet” since I am spending a lot of time on
    that now, and Marguerite is a much more birdy sounding name. Sounds
    like a sweetly tweeting bird if you say it 10 times fast. Love our
    little wren, although I’ve been told they can get kind of messy when
    the babies come. She might get spooked before that though. We’ll see.

LOL…it does sound like a tweeting birdie when you do that with Marguerite. Very cute.

Briggs is a little angel. He is a rescue, and was mistreated….seemingly pretty badly. He is beginning to be a very happy, bouncy little guy now….having a good life. This morning I got word that one of my oldest and dearest friends has gone into a coma from a brain tumor which is spreading rapidly. We were hoping for a rapid recovery, but instead it went the other direction. Briggs sensed that I was feeling badly even though my eyes were just misting and I wasn’t making any sounds. He came up, sat next to me and leaned into me. He’s a sweet little thing. And he falls asleep when I play the harp these days. He understands that the harp is off-limits to him, but he wants to be near me when I’m playing lately.

June

unknown-user
    Participant

Wow, these pictures are really making me miss my sweet dog. Her name is Rosie and she’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, but I had to give her up because I was always at work and she was home alone and needed more company. Aren’t pets the greatest? Sometimes they’re more perceptive than people.

Valerie, I didn’t realize you were a writer! I read some of your poems–good stuff! I’m a writer, too, but I haven’t tried to publish any fiction yet. I’m finally working on something that may have publishing potential but I’m only half-way through. Anyway, good to know that there are others here who love words as much as music! 🙂

P.S. Thanks for your post on the other thread. Because of some financial issues, I’m going to wait even longer than I originally thought to buy or rent anything, so until then it’s just my keyboard with the harp voice on. It’s appeasing me for now!

kay-lister

Update on Maddie the harp dog.

missy lannon
    Participant

my dog, tucker, is a shih-tzu who’s almost 16.

kay-lister

Hi All,

Still have my little “harp dog” Maddie the Jack Russell, but we had to put down our 13 yr. old dog just before Christmas.

Kay, I’m so sorry you lost your 13-year old dog. We had to put down our big retriever Kirby on 12/14/06, so Christmas in ’06 was pretty dismal here. I’m glad you got your new pup.

Briggsie

missy lannon
    Participant

we had to put my harp doggie, tucker, to sleep on december 29th.

Connie Browning
    Participant

Missy-just wanted to say how sorry I am about your Tucker. We have been through it twice. Though Tucker was pretty much deaf, he likely enjoyed the feeling of the vibrations. My Old English appreciated my harp more than any of my other dogs ever did or will. Connie

unknown-user
    Participant

I have two Pugs, Sid and Tallulah. Sid sits on my lap when I play the harp which is fine until he falls asleep and leans against it, and Tallulah sits on my foot – looking very put out when i start pedalling. 😀 also if i play the bass notes, Sid puts his foot on the soundboard after I did it to him when he was a puppy. haha

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

My Bengal cat, Pharoah, insists on sharing the bench with me while I practice. It’s crowded but after 16 years he’s taught me that he will win this struggle. He also likes to rub his teeth on my bass wires (he’s no chewing them, just rubbing). I wonder if the wire vibrates slightly when he does this. It’s creepy but that’s a cat for you!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies