harpcolumn

Camac Troubadour lever harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Camac Troubadour lever harp

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hello to everyone.

I`m looking for a Camac Troubadour lever harp

unknown-user
    Participant

If anyone have some information or wants to

katerina
    Participant

I have no info about camac Troubadour, but, sorry for my 5 cents, that is one of the WORSE lap harps I ever heared and touched (3 is a statistyc, isn’t it?). No sound. No sustain. Only the levers are good. And even the Harpsicle is almost better. For the lap harp you’d better take a look to this http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/GH24.htm

Those are nice looking Katerina….however, the question I have is….how do you change the strings? The access holes in the back of the soundboard are so small looking.

Briggs

I had one of these years ago, and loved it! (We’re talking the little 22 string one?)

It was very portable and completely bombproof – I bought it off someone who lived on a boat, and even in those damp conditions, it was fine and never went out of tune. I don’t remember the holes at the back being small. I think mine had quite long oval holes which were fine for restringing.

The only thing I _didn’t_ like were the levers – horrible plastic things which were not easy to flip quickly and detracted from the otherwise nice look of the harp.

One of my students has one which is gut strung, and I’d recommend that. It definitely sounds much nicer than mine, which was nylon.

For a cheap little harp (mine cost ÂŁ300 second hand), it was fantastic and had a sweet little voice.

katerina
    Participant

Briggs,

my friend here has one of those 22 string “County Kerry” and she gave me it for some weeks once. I had no problem with string changing (yep, one broke) – simply I installed strings from outside, than make bend

katerina
    Participant

Hmm… on my memory the levers were Truitt or Loveland and small holes. Maybe, I had the new version.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you for answering. )

And can you share with some records from of the gut strings?

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you for information. And what can you say about County Kerry sound and weight?

katerina
    Participant

I told, she sounds very sweet for her size and price. Good bargain. The weight is ~3kg – you can hold it with one finger!

24 is better than 22, isn’t it? I saw only with 24 and never know about other model.

Meaning the lap harps, that is my prefer after Heartland Serenity.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have a Camac Trobadour harp. I have never played it, i have bought 5 yeras ago. Are you interested?

mia-theodoratus
    Participant

Hi!

I am selling a used one. If you are still looking for one email me.

lili-monogatari
    Participant

Hi! I’m searching a camac troubadour with gut strings!If you sell one, could you send me an email?my address is lilimonogatari@hotmail.fr

mp08
    Participant

Hi!

I am selling a camac troubadour lap harp. I do not know what type of strings are on the harp.

Email me if you are interested.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies