harpcolumn

Thoughts on Swanson Harps

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Thoughts on Swanson Harps

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Fairy Reel
    Participant

Me, too! When I upgrade to a Concert grand I really want to go Swanson!

carl-swanson
    Participant

Saul- As far as I can tell, my instruments have aged very well. There are a number of them right here in Boston, the oldest of which is now about 17 years old. it belongs to Cynthia Price, the teacher at the Boston Conservatory, and it’s the harp she uses in the Boston Ballet Orchestra. Judy Saiki, who subs all the time with the Boston Symphony has a semi-gilded Empire about the same age and it’s fine. She loves it.

unknown-user
    Participant

Mr Swanson – is this one of your harps? I think it is! I apologize profusely if I’m mistaken… Kind regards William

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCIGUBub-4

carl-swanson
    Participant

No, that’s a Horngacher. My semi-gilded Empire, which is similar to this one, does not have the spiral vine around the column. You can see my harps at my company web site, http://www.swansonharp.com.

unknown-user
    Participant

Thank you for the correction on this! Both of them – the Horngacher and yours – BEAUTIFUL harps!

Ian McVoy
    Participant

The harp ensemble that I play in has a La Scoula, and it is my favorite harp there.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Ian- That’s really nice to hear. Thank you.

Carl, I wish I could try one of your harps. Sadly there are none in Michigan. Do you ever go to any workshops and set up in the exhibits? I thought maybe you would be at AHS Detroit, but I didn’t see you.

Briggsie

Ian McVoy
    Participant

I was hoping that as well, I wanted to try out an Art Nouveau.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Ian- If you come to Boston I’ll take you to see and play the Art Nouveau harp. It’s in the Boston area.

kathy-chanik
    Participant

I remember playing that Art Nouveau harp at the AHS conference in Philadelphia 5 years ago.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

I wonder if anyone on the West Coast is lucky enough to have a Swanson harp. I am very smitten by La Scuola. I would love to try one out someday. Of course, that will lead to yet another very bad case of harp lust. That harp seems like an excellent value!

Someday I think I would like to include one of these in my fleet.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies