unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: ? for the young from the not so young #166710
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Right now I’m a 15 year old high school softmore. I go to boarding school in the Boston area. I wish I could get more practicing in but unfortunately I can’t. School is from 8-3 Tech Crew from 3:30-5 required dinner 6-6:30 and required study hall 7:30 to 9:30. The practice rooms close before dinner so

    in reply to: Where are you? #110406
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi My name is Anne, I am from the Netherlands – Den Haag. I started playing the pedal harp 2 years ago.. I play a Salvi Daphne 44 and I am the proud owner of a beautiful Erard Grecian. Kind regards…

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104754
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Dear Ms. Bolsover

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104752
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    My name is Eileen McDonald Bolsover.

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162028
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Cat scratches?

    in reply to: Enduring the waiting #161630
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If anyone gets “Strings” magazine, there is a wonderful article this month about a young woman who was an Olympic

    in reply to: Very embarrassing #86407
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The bass line is given. The assignment is to write SAT lines and do the chord analysis and write the figured bass symbols.

    The challenge is to work within the limits of the given bass line. I’m doing better but it’s the hard musical task I’ve ever learned. Sight reading is a breeze in comparison.

    in reply to: Bernard Zighera reference resources #110451
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi,

    I’ve settled Mrs Zighera’s estate (she was Bernard’s 2nd wife), and have found

    scrapbook materials and photos if you are interested.

    in reply to: Very embarrassing #86405
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was through Hindemith the first time around, but as I recall, what I had was published as one volume.

    I do faithfully obey the “smallest possible interval” rule, but still find myself at the end of a chord progression with too many errors, hence my desire for additional practice.

    Thank you for the response, though!

    in reply to: Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case #71415
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I also have an Erard harp with the

    in reply to: Russian Lunacharsky Harps… pedal, 46 strings… #146751
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Does anyone know the harps of colamusic, I think it’s

    in reply to: Mark on Harp #162214
    unknown-user
    Participant

    *intermittently

    (oops!)

    in reply to: Mark on Harp #162213
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Liam,

    I’m honestly not sure how to describe the finish. All I know is that it is a natural maple and European birch laminate Harpsicle with no stain or paint.

    Thanks,
    Becky

    in reply to: Mark on Harp #162212
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Rod! I was just playing in the lobby since I’m still kind of new at this sort of thing, but I played better than I normally do and one employee in particular said it really helped her because she had been so stressed out all day. I’ll definitely be going back! I’ll probably try going once a week or so as I can, and then I’m also playing at a nursing home next week (I’ve played there once before) and then I’m also playing at the Christmas party for work and intermittenly at church. Phew! How did that happen? 😉

    But yes, we do all love our harps, and every little scratch is like a scratch on us!

    in reply to: Mark on Harp #162209
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey,

    That’s so funny–I was wondering if I should have gone with a different header.

    Thanks for the advice. I think I might try that, and yes, it’s a maple harpsicle, so I’m thinking it should work. Oh, and if I ever do meet a great harper named Mark, I’ll be sure to pass on his insight! ;-)

    Becky

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 5,570 total)