harpcolumn

Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Erard Harp with Original Wooden Shipping Case

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, I have aquired an Erard Harp. It is 70″ tall and has 47 strings. Also 7 foot pedals. Serial #2283. The strings are qiute loose. Beautiful Gesso. Also with the harp is the original shipping container. A work of art itself. Paper work in French inside. Does anyone have any info on this item. Year made, worth, were to sell?? Thank You, RAR.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Where is the instrument now?

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Carl, Rhode Island. Rich

Tacye
    Participant

Was it made by Erard Paris or London?

unknown-user
    Participant

Made in Paris

The bidding starts at $3,000.

unknown-user
    Participant

Item will be listed on ebay as soon as I found out some info. Thanks, Rich

Krysty Kolesar
    Participant

Hi, Did you ever sell the Antique Erard Harp?

carl-swanson
    Participant

Krysty- I’m the one who bought that harp. It turns out that it was built in 1885 and everything is original and in excellent condition. I’ve performed several times on it already. The sound is unbelievable.

john-strand
    Participant

Hi Krysty – go to the David Williams Harp Galleries Website link from Harp Column – he has 3 or 4 of them –

kimberly-houser
    Participant

Do the swell doors actually work? (Would love to actually play a harp with swell doors)

carl-swanson
    Participant

This doesn’t have swell doors. It’s a Gothique and they didn’t have swell doors. Only the Grecians had those.

Tacye
    Participant

Many English made Erard gothics had doors in the sound holes, as did my 1899 Browne and Buckwell.

carl-swanson
    Participant

That’s interesting Tacye. I’ve never seen a Gothic with doors on the back. Perhaps it was the London Erard company that did it and not the Paris Erard. A friend in Boston will be getting a restored Grecian Erard in a month or two. It has the doors on the back, and that will be my first chance to play a harp that has them.

Tacye
    Participant

Could be, I have seen very few Paris Erards.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.