unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Manly Harps #102309
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My Camac ‘Athena’ is quite the ‘manly’ harp!

    Different from other ‘Athena’ harps, it is made in ‘rugged’ birds-eye maple, with a ‘macho’ wide soundboard. Previously I owned a L&H 23-gold, which it never ran across my mind

    in reply to: Silhouette #71435
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Dear,

    I recomend the Silhouette Harp, is very very beautiful in sound, is some heavy in weight but really have a very beautifull sound… I have one, it is Silverm and the sound… is… magic with a some effect as reverbs, chorus, flanger, distort and more!…

    Please visit http://www.myspace.com/athycontemporaryharpercomposer and listen my composition Indigo Profundo, I play this piece with my Silver Silhouette…

    Hugs and good luck!

    From Argentina!
    Athy 🙂

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166431
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hola Mandy!!:)

    Aqui tu amigo el loco Athy del arpa eléctrica reportandose- 😛

    Espero que se haga una linda movida con el arpa desde Latinoamerica! 🙂

    Abrazos para todos hermanos!

    Athy
    http://www.myspace.com/athycontemporaryharpercomposer

    in reply to: Baroque Flamenco #110244
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello Tony!

    I play this piece several years with orchestra as harp soloist… and Now I play it with Percusion and Electric Bass with my Electric Silhouette Harp…

    in reply to: New harpist= 14 year old ! #161709
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi, Brandon! I definitely think you should go for it! I’ve heard some excellent male harpists and have never thought they were “out of place”.

    I’m really interested in the comment you made about playing the accordion. My sister plays it very well-she’s primarily a classical accordionist. In case you have never tried it, accordion and harp are fantastic together. Seems like a strange idea at first, but try it- it’s a lot of fun!

    Hannah

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69282
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What an amazing site … Frau Janya, if you read this, your husband ordered your specially matched

    in reply to: Folk harpers vs. classical harpists #161739
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh, a second thought popped into my head as well.

    in reply to: Folk harpers vs. classical harpists #161738
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hmm…point taken.

    in reply to: Folk harpers vs. classical harpists #161734
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Depends on what you’re fishing for, Liam. LOL

    Okay, so if we call the lever harp players “harpers”, and the pedal harp players “harpists”, what should we call the ones who play both?

    in reply to: Folk harpers vs. classical harpists #161727
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Currently I would consider myself a “harp enthusiast” as I only began self-teaching in the last month or so.

    in reply to: Eating Disorders #86291
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Find the latest news and discuss the latest topics with members of the Bulimia and Eating Disorders Community.
    ————–
    Tanyaa
    Bulimia News and Discussion Forum

    in reply to: Certification for Harp #161637
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Ee Reen,

    There are graded and diploma exams under ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall for both lever and pedal harp. Performer’s Cert for Trinity is also available.

    http://www.abrsm.org/?page=home

    http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=55

    You can check the syllabuses for the repertoire on the websites.

    in reply to: Singapore #151899
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Ms Huang also freelances with the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) regularly and gives chamber music performances often. Currently, she is a doctoral of music candidate at the Boston University. She gave a harp duet performance with Ms Gulia (SSO harpist) not too long ago and it was fantastic.

    in reply to: Harp cases/gig bags #161665
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Audrey,

    Have you considered making one yourself?

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160783
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey hi. I did get a hold of Muis through email. I had to change the address on his site to having one m instead of two. I plan to buy a Trinity as soon as I can afford one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,141 through 1,155 (of 5,570 total)