harpcolumn

Singapore

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alison
    Participant

Would anyone be able to put me in touch with the harpist from the
    Singapore SO, or other harpists there…….. my very young pupil, a
    real little star, is potentially moving there with her parents.

unknown-user
    Participant

I don’t know if you found Singaporean harpist by now, but you can always contact Ms Katryna Tan, Singaporean based harp artist and teacher. You can get more information on her website katrynatan.com .

unknown-user
    Participant

You would probably already have found a teacher already but presently, there are 3 professional harpists that I know of

I can vouch for Yu-Hsin Huang, who studied in Taiwan and for many years in Boston with Lucile Lawrence. You can watch her play on YouTube.

unknown-user
    Participant

Ms Huang also freelances with the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) regularly and gives chamber music performances often. Currently, she is a doctoral of music candidate at the Boston University. She gave a harp duet performance with Ms Gulia (SSO harpist) not too long ago and it was fantastic.

M Huan
    Participant

My daughter, Sarah,

I think she completed her doctoral studies. She also was offered the position of principal harp with the New York City Ballet Orchestra, but turned it down, as I heard it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies