unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Singapore #151897
    unknown-user
    Participant

    You would probably already have found a teacher already but presently, there are 3 professional harpists that I know of

    in reply to: Dvds/Videos #161692
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Saul,

    How much does Dewey Owens appear the “Method for the Harp”

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104758
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This thread has been a real pleasure to read.

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160773
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey greetings hope the tuning goes well!Do you know what the status of Dreamweaver harps is? His email does not work and he seems to be out of business for the moment or longer

    in reply to: Harp camps?? #166689
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hi patricia

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160771
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Audrey, we are all waiting! How does he sound? Are you happy with the tone, just might put one of these together if you are. All best.

    in reply to: tuning #161790
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Sounds a lot like mine…once its properly strung, it should be F-clef “F” to “C” two octaves above middle “C”.

    in reply to: tuning #161789
    unknown-user
    Participant

    it is very similar.

    in reply to: choosing a lever harp #161766
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I too am a newbie with intermediate to advanced previous piano experience. I had selected a harp previously to try , but time has passed. Lucky am I to live a couple of hours from the Virginia Harp Center. Still, when I go in to either rent or buy I do not want to be subject to sales suggestions or my inability to distance myself from suggestion and unrealistic ideas for my self (from myself mostly!!) I will be playing folk songs mostly although my training as a pianist is classical and folk. I don’t like pop and thank god now I don’t have to play show tunes for my mother…ha ha.
    Although it is so sensible to choose the best with the money you have I do not want to overbuy or rent out of my league. I am thinking 26 strings , but will that be enough? I am back and forth with brands and types as I read that a stave back is more comfortable? I am 5 feet tall. When I first began checking it out the only choices outside of the pedal were really Dusty and Tripplett. Now I see many more , some of which I do not recognize due to my inexperience.I will never conceivably play the pedal because of my size ,and budget, more to the point.
    Could you folks weigh in so I can feel prepared when I go in to discuss this with the folks there.? I need a good starting point to avoid being overwhelmed. Thank you all.

    in reply to: tuning #161784
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My harp is new.

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161881
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you all for all the help on finding the right tuning key for my daughter’s harp.

    unknown-user
    Participant

    Myself I practice this method (learning & teaching) of first singing, then playing, and was always convinced this was THE method. But now I found out that I m unable to learn by ear without singing. So in a normal “by-ear-workshop” I would be lost since if everyone started didling in a group of ten or fifteen this would be chaos. So I m not sure if that´s the thing to teach students. What do you think?

    in reply to: Auditioning: What’s YOUR strategy? #166698
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I know this is going to sound completely strange, but to help get rid of those mild shakeyy nerves, eat a banana about 15-20 min before you play. It sounds insane, but i am a horrible performer, and as soon as i started doing this I played so much better
    hope it helps

    in reply to: Where is the International Harp Museum? #161654
    unknown-user
    Participant

    when she emailed you back did she let you know where it was?

    in reply to: Pointer Finger Player #161817
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hahahaha i totally started harp w/ that book!!
    it def has some good music so as long as it sounds good to you and you are having fun i think your totally fine…but if you ever decide you do wana pursue the instrument as more than just fun, its going to be a REALLY hard habit to break. The longer you play this way the more effort your going to have to put into re-learning it (trust me i play violin too, and i had a bunch of bad habits that i had to re-learn), but as long as youre just having fun with it you should be totally fine
    🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 5,570 total)