harpcolumn

Baroque Flamenco

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Baroque Flamenco

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tony-morosco
    Participant

I just received Deborah Henson-Conant’s newsletter

jane-jung
    Participant

Thanks Tony,

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Tony!

This has always been my favorite piece of Deborah’s. This past March I had a lesson with her just to learn this. She told me that she was planning on publishing the piece but everything was really jumbled up. She must have given me 4 or 5 versions of the piece, each with varying diffuculty within. Eventually we worked out which sections of which versions made the “best” baroque flamenco. Of course the problem with this was that much of the middle of the piece is simply improvisation.

A week or two ago, I attended a recording of “From the Top” with her at Jordan Hall in New England Conservatory and she told me that she’s not exactly sure how the DVD will be set up but shes hoping that there will sessions with her and some students, teaching the piece to them. She said she might even consider me for the DVD! (but i might be overqualified because ive been exposed to the written piece before) The DVD definately seems worthwhile getting because of the techniques that one really needs to see to be able to execute. It should be valuable to all of us that have always wanted to play the piece!

~Sam

tony-morosco
    Participant

Thanks for the ‘inside’ information Sam.

Definitely I can understand the usefulness of the DVD. She plays this one on her Invention and Alchemy DVD and I have to admit to having replayed sections over and over just to try to see how she is doing certain things.

A DVD specifically to show these techniques would be incredibly helpful.

cynthy-johnson
    Participant

I just received my copy of DHC’s recently published Baroque Flamenco.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello Tony!

I play this piece several years with orchestra as harp soloist… and Now I play it with Percusion and Electric Bass with my Electric Silhouette Harp…

tony-morosco
    Participant

Hi Athy,

Actually I already have a copy of your arrangement for two harps. You sent it to me a few years ago when I helped you with those harp diagrams. It is a lovely arrangement.

I would love to get a copy of your CD when it is out. I will send you an e-mail off list. It sounds like it will be a very interesting CD.

And don’t worry about your English. I can guarantee you it is much, much better than my Spanish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies