unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey you guys I bought a Trinty from Dreamsinger and had nothing but problems with his brass strings. They would break just putting them on the tuning pins. As Audrey said when you break one it’s two you have to replace. So on the advice of the Sylvia Woods harp center I contacted Markwood Heavenly strings and they made a set of custom Bronze wire strings to fit the Trinty. They have the Harp now on file so you don.t have to pay the $20 for the computer time. They cost me $80 with them having to do computer work to find which strings would work best and not break. It all worked out very well and the harp sounds great.

    in reply to: Broken String Question #160645
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I also have a dusty string, which string is broken?

    So far, it happened to me twice. And the last time, in the middle of the night. I let you picture me and my boyfriend jumping out of the bed in panic since the harp was very next to our bed!!!

    gen

    in reply to: L&H Shamrock 34 or a Dusty String Crescendo 34, Help! #160605
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Do you have any chance to play either?

    in reply to: Weirdest Wedding Processional Request #106314
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My husband, a professional baritone, was asked to sing “I Love HowYou Love Me”

    in reply to: new Thormahlen Ceili Mor #68232
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Janice, don’t fret – this is the Internet, not real life.

    in reply to: new Thormahlen Ceili Mor #68218
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m confused – Thormahlen’s only made a couple Ceili’s so far!

    in reply to: new Thormahlen Ceili Mor #68216
    unknown-user
    Participant

    ooohhhh!!

    in reply to: College/university teachers of the French Method? #85772
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m sorry that I don’t have advice about a specific school, but I can offer this advice to help guide you in your own search.

    I’m not entirely sure that you should be emphasizing the teacher’s method (unless your daughter is still learning technique, but I can’t imagine that being the reality if she is going into college soon) as much as you are. As long as the teacher can help your daughter grow as a musician (and as long as the teacher isn’t an intolerant

    in reply to: Knitting and crochet-ing #109594
    unknown-user
    Participant

    “I found the knitting wrecked my left hand’s 5th and 4th finger, and left side of the lower arm so badly, that I decided to do the work by crochet-ing instead.

    in reply to: Harp at friends’ weddings #152168
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I

    in reply to: Gestation of a harp – update #160481
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Everybody, Well, so you’re almost done, Mike!

    Re tension of your wire strings. I could estimate this for you with my sonometer, if you wish, but I need to know the exact sort of string, it’s length, as well as its gauge. Between three and five strings from different places should do.

    Re finishing. I’ve read that not too much varnish or whatever should be applied to the soundboard, to avoid filling up the wood pores and reducing the sound. I just put two coats of Scandinavian oil on my harps’ soundboards.

    Enjoy your new harp, Mike!

    Rod

    in reply to: Sad News #151825
    unknown-user
    Participant

    According to brazilian tv,she happened to be there because she decided to stay a day more in Rio

    in reply to: Weirdest Wedding Processional Request #106310
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hello all! It’s my first time posting, but after a very strange wedding, I felt I could add to the ‘strange requests’ post!

    A few weekends ago I played Justin Timberlake’s “Untill The End of Time”…. It was odd, but the bride seemed to enjoy it. Check it out on youtube and you’ll understand it’s the furthest from a ‘harp’ song possible! 🙂

    in reply to: Harp teacher in Nagasaki, Japan? #85779
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The teacher does not have to speak English.

    in reply to: Suzanne Guldimann Music #160694
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you. =)

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 5,570 total)