harpcolumn

Weirdest Wedding Processional Request

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Weirdest Wedding Processional Request

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

I played Somewhere Over the Rainbow as the Bridesmaids were coming in.

That would have been the best….to hear the words as well, although most Catholics (and this was a small Catholic wedding) know the words. I asked them, “Are you SURE you want that for your processional?” The groom seemed to be the one who was the most insistent and emphatic about it. HAHAHAHAHAHA…….

I played it for them. They were really nice people…..but I just found it kind of odd. Generally, that is used for funerals. 🙂

Briggsie

Kay,

Correct liturgy in the Catholic faith still disallows “show tunes” during a wedding ceremony. Sometimes things slip through because it is “only” the processional or recessional, but technically it is still not supposed to happen. Yet, each parish seems to do their own thing these days. Twirling bridesmaids is truly “beyond the pale” to me.

Briggsie

Susan Abken
    Participant

Yes, the theme from the movie “Babe” about the pig! I arranged it myself, after renting the video to find out what the bride was talking about and purchasing the organ concerto score by Camille S-S! It was an outdoor Episcopal wedding, and went well.

onita-sanders
    Participant

Just a little observation about the Deer Hunter movie theme.

laura-palmieri
    Participant

Yeah Onita, it was the cavatina. It is really pretty, I just thought

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello all! It’s my first time posting, but after a very strange wedding, I felt I could add to the ‘strange requests’ post!

A few weekends ago I played Justin Timberlake’s “Untill The End of Time”…. It was odd, but the bride seemed to enjoy it. Check it out on youtube and you’ll understand it’s the furthest from a ‘harp’ song possible! 🙂

Darth Vader’s Theme for the entrance of the groom and best man. Then for another wedding, they wanted that woven into “Ode to Joy” for the recessional.

David Ice
    Participant

I didn’t play the wedding, but a minister friend of mine told me that I should have seen it…..the wedding was in a hall, and when they opened the doors for the bride they had fog machines and the DJ played the “X FILES” theme as she came down the aisle.

The strangest request:

unknown-user
    Participant

My husband, a professional baritone, was asked to sing “I Love HowYou Love Me”

David Ice
    Participant

That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the church organist plays “In The Garden Of Eden” by I. Ron Butterfly (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly)!

One of my favorite episodes ever!

unknown-user
    Participant

Years ago a bride’s actual words to me were, “I want to bop down the aisle to ‘Dancing Queen.'”

unknown-user
    Participant

Mine too!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies