unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lyon & Healy delivery question #75538
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Well, I had ordered the L&H Prelude in mid January with a 3 mos. expected wait. One delay (lever supply) lead to another and *finally* after a little more than 4.5 months I finally received the shipping notice. According to the shipper it should be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) between 9-5 (EST).

    Thanks for all of the tips; wish me luck please! 8-)

    in reply to: Curcio Harp Primer #85794
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Mellisa,

    I was trained from the start with Stephanie’s Student Harpist series with my first teacher, and then about a year later I switched teachers to Stephanie herself. She is one of the most amazing teachers I have ever seen or heard of in my life and her Student Harpist series was the best foundation I can imagine. I haven’t actually worked with her Primer set but I don’t doubt that it is equally as commendable. I wouldn’t think that usually an “alternate notation” would be detremental at all – it just may be a way for younger children to be able to read music without having to learn the relatively complicated standard notation. For learning the standard notation – I imagine that Stephanie made her books in a way that “real” music could be easily learned, so it may just be a matter of introducing new notation (like learning a new technique + notation like pdlt or such) and phasing out old notation. For example – how often do you find fingerings placed in “real” non beginner music? Almost never unless using a certain finger has benefits of some manner. Also, in Stephanie’s Student Harpist series, she used a pair of glasses to denote “look!” which meant that there was something unexpected under it; for example: in her piece solace there is a measure with a single G root-5-8

    in reply to: Royal Harpist accused of burglary and fraud #109610
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow, I liked her harp!

    in reply to: harpist on “The Lucy Show” #109631
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Lydia –

    I brought the thread up again to make it easier for you (and some of my friends) to find… in the coffee break forum section – it should be “close” to the top now..

    Enjoy!

    Kind regards

    William

    in reply to: Who was the harpist in Ricky Ricardo’s orchestra? #104759
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi everyone –

    Had a few friends that wanted to see this thread and had trouble finding it – so I’m just “bringing it up” again for them… Also for Lydia Michel!

    Kind regards to all

    William

    in reply to: L&H Troubadour Light #68262
    unknown-user
    Participant

    AH, I just realised that they are on a pre-owned site.

    in reply to: L&H Troubadour Light #68258
    unknown-user
    Participant

    OK, um, I don’t see any replies about the harp itself.

    in reply to: The best harp player #105472
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I was googling my grandfather and saw this forum come up, I can see that a while back my sister commented that Lucien Grujon was our grandfather. Sadly no, he’s not still here, he died in 1988.

    in reply to: Harp Technique for females? #85757
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I first of all, want to say thank you to all that have answered this posts so far. It has been greatly helpful. Perhaps I should give some additional information. I am a harp teacher that had a student come down with a severe case of tendinitis. She had to stop playing all together because of pain. We have consulted with an excellent doctor and have found that posture, position and some other things were part of the factor. It was suggested however, by another (female) harpist that woman often have to compensate for the muscles of a man, and that the Grandjanny Technique might be more conducive to women, and that Salzedo is more of a man’s technique.

    I prefer a combination, certainly don’t like the rigid 5th finger, but allow it to follow. I have been taught in a combination of Renie, Grandjanny, and Salzedo. Also it seems that by now what is a pure technique. Each teacher mixes a bit of their own experience in.

    Perhaps finger tips was not the best wording to use, but I personally don’t like that style, but then it is not my intention to start a battle of Gradjanny vs. Salzedo. I simple was wondering if anyone had come across something like this or if there is any fact to one being more conducive to tendinitis. Thanks, and I will continue to listen.

    in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166434
    unknown-user
    Participant

    HOLA A TODOS LOS ARPISTAS LATINOS: SOY PADRE DE UNA NINA DE

    in reply to: Thormahlen Harp for sale – Price question #71166
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This is somewhat after the fact, but here goes.

    in reply to: Do you think this would work? #109669
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I did this last time I restrung my harp.

    in reply to: Lever Key #160541
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you Tony for such an excellent answer. I was trained to play classical, now I know why I tune in E flat. I am sure this helped others as well. Thank you every one else who answered my question. It all helps.

    in reply to: Lever Key #160538
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have never heard of anything so complicated. I just don’t understand it. What is the reason for all those complicatons. Surely there is an easier way to understand all this. Thanks though for your

    in reply to: Lever Key #160535
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If you tune in E flat, which makes it C, what do you do if a piece is in E flat?

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 5,570 total)