Liam — Stringing chart for brass wire-strung “Bard”

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160637

Hey Liam,

You asked a while back for the stringing chart I used for the brass strings on my Dreamsinger “Bard.”

Participant
    Liam M on #160638

Thanks Audrey… You know, I wonder of the engineer in me did not shoot me ion the foot. I never gave the double stringing much of a try and went right to the single string configuration, but the Trinity I am rescuing had double stringing….hmmm Points to ponder, perhaps the double stringing provides a relief?

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160639

I wasn’t keen on the double stringing idea at first, but it does seem to work.

Participant
    unknown-user on #160640

Hey you guys I bought a Trinty from Dreamsinger and had nothing but problems with his brass strings. They would break just putting them on the tuning pins. As Audrey said when you break one it’s two you have to replace. So on the advice of the Sylvia Woods harp center I contacted Markwood Heavenly strings and they made a set of custom Bronze wire strings to fit the Trinty. They have the Harp now on file so you don.t have to pay the $20 for the computer time. They cost me $80 with them having to do computer work to find which strings would work best and not break. It all worked out very well and the harp sounds great.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160641

Really odd…I seem to be the only one who isn’t having problems with the brass strings.

Audrey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.